Biggest recession for 300 years

What happened 300 years ago?
1706 was a very bad year apparently
4991.jpg

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2020/may/07/what-caused-the-economic-slump-of-1706-

Why, if it was outside ?

I think common sense tells you why.

There were kids in the queue, old people etc, they don't want to be there but they have to.

The last thing they want (other than coronavirus) is to be breathing secondary tar.

That's a sad fact, there's no hope.

there is no 4 countries . There is the uk government you know in charge of the uk . There is then developed assemblies in Scotland wales and Northern Ireland.

all 4 cannot agree where 1 of those countries doesn’t have its own parliament .

It’s not like the recession has been caused by a lack of money to create or buy produce though. It’s more of a pause than a decline, isn’t it? Production and sales could easily go back to normal once things go back to normal, can’t they?

Questions more than statements because I’m not entirely sure of the fixed meanings of these things.

So artists should do work for feck all. Is it one piece or all. It's not the artist that's at fault it's the councils.
No, artists should get paid for work...just not from the fucking Council, all of whose money comes from the hard work of tax payers!

I have no problem with artists getting paid. However, IF an artist wants their work displayed in a public place to further their names or careers, then they can donate it.

And, I agree...the fault is the council’s, not the artist’s.

That's like the old shit given to musicians, hey guys, play for free, think of the exposure.
Yeah right, bollocks to that.
Try getting a plumber to fix your pipes for free.
I won’t ask him for art, either.

I call a plumber to fix a problem, not to hang on the wall!

Maybe my words were poorly phrased. I have no problem with the artists, only the council wankers who think spending £100,000 in tax money in art is worthwhile. In such instances, if they wanted art, I’m sure there were many, many artists who would have been willing to try some self promotion by donating works. Hell, they could have made a competition of it, just like a fucking reality show...you Brits love that shit, almost as much as most Americans hate having the star of one as president!

It’s not like the recession has been caused by a lack of money to create or buy produce though. It’s more of a pause than a decline, isn’t it? Production and sales could easily go back to normal once things go back to normal, can’t they?

Questions more than statements because I’m not entirely sure of the fixed meanings of these things.
They call it hibernation

Some tough times ahead seems likely. All us regular folk can do is strap in and deal with the ride as best we can. Sadly there's no such thing as real freedom as regular folk. There always seems to be a greedy suit or group of suits ready to impact our lives somehow.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.