Biggest shithole in manchester?

I used to live in Moss Side very close to the ground but was holed up in the student 'Toblerones' of Whitworth Park; I never really thought it was that desperate. Stayed in a couple of other houses in Rushy and one on Manly Road with a bunch of student doctors who all took a year off to play in a band; they'd be up all night banging away while I was the only one studying. Never thought any of it was that bad.

Since I've had friends in the South Bronx (who I stayed with in between apartments in NYC) straight out of Saturday Night Fever it puts all the above into perspective.

I know I've not been around the worst of the worst in the UK, but when you compare what we have here in the USA and the UK, and you've worked abroad in Turkey, where the average worker at one of your industrial businesses took home less than $150 a month, you get to glimpse just how poor things can be, and you can understand the conditions such people live under.

We've got it good in the developed western world, very good.

simonk said:
partington shopping centre is up there.

totally,

i worked on partington sports centre last summer.

scrote-ville!

dont think its in mcr though. more like trafford.

black mamba said:
Have a walk down Princess Road in Moss Side , and it's side streets...... it makes Harpurhey look like Beverley Hills!

If you come out one of the side streets alive do you win a prize?

Interesting views from the shandy supping south Manc brigade, you sound like a bunch of cockneys.

I used to work for the Council all across the City and I was always most uncomfortable on the South. Longsight, Leve, Withington, Chorlton, all shitholes. Had me van screwed god knows how many times in Hulme and was appraoched by all sorts of tramps in Wythenshawe. Moss side, community spirit? Well they all keep quiet when Old Bill comes knocking I'll give them that.

North Manc isn't exactly posh but don't make out like theres this big cultural divide because there isn't.

lostmyhouseski said:
well it took us a few days to discover the waterloo road and what lay beyond yonder..absolute shock at first..but must say we loved living there- spent a year and a half with no worries, loved all the markets and stalls and the people were really friendly.worst thing that happened was my mate got intimidated into buying a bag of 'weed' for 50 quid, which turned out to be oregano but at least our spice rack was full for ages!

My Mum's family all came from the Waterloo Road area, years before they knocked all the terraced streets down. Some stayed in the area whilst we settled in Crumpsall in the end.

The Waterloo pub was run by part of my Gran's family for three generations. (Their forefathers had run pubs in Cheshire going back to the 1860's so I guess it was a family thing). Although, to be fair, it looks a dump these days.

PistonBlue said:
Interesting views from the shandy supping south Manc brigade, you sound like a bunch of cockneys.

I used to work for the Council all across the City and I was always most uncomfortable on the South. Longsight, Leve, Withington, Chorlton, all shitholes. Had me van screwed god knows how many times in Hulme and was appraoched by all sorts of tramps in Wythenshawe. Moss side, community spirit? Well they all keep quiet when Old Bill comes knocking I'll give them that.

North Manc isn't exactly posh but don't make out like theres this big cultural divide because there isn't.

hey there's nowt wrong with wizzandraw.

lived there 25 years.

character building of the highest.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.