Billy Meredith, tooth pick gimmick or did it serve a purpose

well the prem banned the snood so in this day in age billy would be fooked.

but i feel he served a purpose, and i liked the fact that when he played for us he did not want any money, he just wanted to play the game.

you wont get that form any footballer today.

Absolute bollocks mate.

The guy was a chancer and opportunist.

Not many people know this, but I have a contact at the club... no names, no pack drill... and he assures me that he was sponsored by Teddy's Toothpicks, a Gorton based toothpick emporium and he would stick it between his teeth every time he was interviewed on Matche of the Daye, with the sponsor's name clearly visible through a magnifying glass.

When it became known to the FA that was the beginning of the end for him. Forget bungs and under-the-counter payments... it was all about his toothpicks.

Did it serve a purpose... no, it was pointless...

Soulboy said:
Absolute bollocks mate.

The guy was a chancer and opportunist.

Not many people know this, but I have a contact at the club... no names, no pack drill... and he assures me that he was sponsored by Teddy's Toothpicks, a Gorton based toothpick emporium and he would stick it between his teeth every time he was interviewed on Matche of the Daye, with the sponsor's name clearly visible through a magnifying glass.

When it became known to the FA that was the beginning of the end for him. Forget bungs and under-the-counter payments... it was all about his toothpicks.

Did it serve a purpose... no, it was pointless...

I heard he was a poor mans Max Woosnam the RAG!!!

I recently found out that I'm a distant relative to Billy, my Nanna's Dad was a cousin to him. How good was he for City? anyone know where I could find anymore information about him? would be much appreciated.

Stevecefn said:
I recently found out that I'm a distant relative to Billy, my Nanna's Dad was a cousin to him. How good was he for City? anyone know where I could find anymore information about him? would be much appreciated.

He was only the first ever superstar of football!

[Yeah, shock horror! that was Billy, not George Best!]

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.