Binoculars

Tuearts right boot

Halfway up a mountain,bumfuck nowhere,Snowdonia.
Any birdwatchers, plane spotters, stalkers and general peeping toms out there that can point me in the direction of how I understand and buy a decent pair for wildlife watching. I have a good pair in the car of 10 x 42 ( what ever that means ) and a really shit cheap pair of 10 x 50 ( what ever that means and I can see better with one eye closed).

Last edited:
Any birdwatchers, plane spotters, stalkers and general peeping toms out there that can point me in the direction of how I understand and buy a decent pair for wildlife watching. I have a good pair in the car of 10 x 42 ( what ever that means ) and a really shit cheap pair of 10 x 50 ( what ever that means and I can see better with one eye closed).
Wildlife watching eh? Lol. Dogging voyeur I bet mate; )

You need to look for a good Monoucular if you can see better through one eye. Besides you will have one hand free to knock one out whilst watching the "wildlife"!

Last edited:

As ever you will get what you pay for mate.

Decide a budget, read the reviews and get the best you can afford.

The 10 is the amount of magnification and the 40/50 relates to the size of the lens on the end.

I'm not too sure that's what you were after tho.

I just got an Archeer 16x52 monocular off eBay for £9. I’m not saying it’s the best in the world but for £9 it’s a steal. Before that i had a BGA opticron monocular which was £140 and I’m hard pressed to tell the difference between the two.

If you're looking at going perving studying wildlife you're probably better off buying a good handheld video camera with adjustable zoom, night vision etc so you can also store up what you're watching for future masturbation research.

If you're looking at going perving studying wildlife you're probably better off buying a good handheld video camera with adjustable zoom, night vision etc so you can also store up what you're watching for future masturbation research.
Great advice as usual on BM

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.