Birmingham City (H) - FA Cup R3 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The perfect game to have next. We can play the players coming back from COVID, to test their stamina. We can give Sergio a start and 60 minutes. Laporte, Bernado, Mendy and Ake need game time. The EDS lads haven't been given much this season either.

Some of you will hate me for saying this, but it doesn't even matter if we lose. There would be a massive silver lining to that cloud because of the forthcoming fixture pileup. The focus this unique season is the big two.
Need to be a bit careful with this - we're still only allowed 3 subs so if a load of the returning COVID/injury players get knackered then so are we.

Do we really want to go deep in this competition ? We have 3 extra games to play (2PL, 1LC final) already compared to Liverpool. We've seen how well we play (especially KDB) when we have a week's rest. Getting PL back from Liverpool, beating Spurs in the final and a good shout in the CL will be a fantastic season. FA Cup may be a small price to pay for a full tilt at the League.
City should have won the FA Cup last season. I want it this year. There's nothing like a Wembley spectacle in May. Abide With Me before the game and a City captain lifting the Cup at the end of it. Roy Paul, Tony Book, Vincent Kompany - now Fernandinho please.

The team will likely be strong. It always is. Assuming we get ahead early, the game then becomes a coast. And despite starting players that may “need” a rest, they wont be over burdened on the pitch passing it around.

Worse is to have to throw players on at 60 mins under the stress of having to win the game because our stand-ins/players short of match sharpness/academy players whatever arent quite as clinical

City should have won the FA Cup last season. I want it this year. There's nothing like a Wembley spectacle in May. Abide With Me before the game and a City captain lifting the Cup at the end of it. Roy Paul, Tony Book, Vincent Kompany - now Fernandinho please.
And Carlos Tevez!

I don't think this game should be taken lightly by any means, but I'd love to get KDB, Gundo, and Dias some rest, and get a youth player or 2 a runout. I know Palmer has tested positive (best wishes to a speedy recover, Cole) so perhaps THB and Delap? Doyle if he has recovered?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.