Bit of Perspective

vinny123

For what its worth i think we need to chill and use a little bit of perspective,

yes by current standards we are playing shit and yes pep sometimes leaves us baffled by his decisions, however and its a big however, if we win our game in hand we are only 2 points off top !!!!

the red scouse are now not the force they were and the blue scouse well lets see if they last the course, we still have to play them both twice,

the red scum are a joke and i dont even worry or care about the london clubs

we have a horrendous injury period and sooner or later we will get back to a full squad, just imagine how we can play then if being shit as we are at the moment we are still only one game off top

the back looks settled at last ake, laporte and dias look immense and the future, add one other when time and the right person is available and i think we are good,

im old school and still remember the dark days old div 3 and the days of cheering if trevor morley actually got a shot on target, let alone score or richard dunne cleared without scoring a own goal

id hate to think we have become entitled and would ask the newer generation to just enjoy what we have, this club is now massive and global, with a full squad and everyone fit we will destroy anyone, i firmly believe we will win the league this year, champs league i dont give a shit about, would rather win carraboo again and fa cup

just my2 pence for what its worth from a old timer

All fair enough,and yes there has been some OTT reaction to our current predicament,but equally there are issues other than injuries.....and to bury your head at such,or just be a happy clapper, isn't the answer either.

Perspective maybe,balance is probably more accurate.

For what its worth i think we need to chill and use a little bit of perspective,

yes by current standards we are playing shit and yes pep sometimes leaves us baffled by his decisions, however and its a big however, if we win our game in hand we are only 2 points off top !!!!

the red scouse are now not the force they were and the blue scouse well lets see if they last the course, we still have to play them both twice,

we have a horrendous injury period and sooner or later we will get back to a full squad, just imagine how we can play then if being shit as we are at the moment we are still only one game off top

the back looks settled at last ake, laporte and dias look immense and the future, add one other when time and the right person is available and i think we are good,

im old school and still remember the dark days old div 3 and the days of cheering if trevor morley actually got a shot on target, let alone score or richard dunne cleared without scoring a own goal

id hate to think we have become entitled and would ask the newer generation to just enjoy what we have, this club is now massive and global, with a full squad and everyone fit we will destroy anyone, i firmly believe we will win the league this year, champs league i dont give a shit about, would rather win carraboo again and fa cup

I was around during Trevor Morley and Richard Dunne’s days too and we’ve clearly come a long way.

But I think we also need a bit of perspective of where we are now compared to 3 or 4 years ago.

We’ve essentially replaced David Silva with Gundogan, Yaya Toure with Rodri, Sané with Mahrez, Kompany with Dias.

We’ve regressed pretty alarmingly talent wise. Better than the Division 3 days for sure, but this is the first season since the takeover where I’ve felt less optimistic about a season than the one before.

Not sure I agree that we are sorted at the back as leftback remains a major problem as it has been since Pep joined apart from the handful of games that Mendy played before his first injury.

Our recruitment over the past few seasons has been pretty poor although I have high hopes for Dias and Ake. We do not have comparable replacements for "spine" players such as Silva, Aguero and Fern.

I am not confident that we will seriously challenge for the league - too many issues and injuries.

In some ways a transistional season where we introduce some of the EDS kids to the team might benefit us in the long run.

believe me im no happy clapper lol the cats still get a good kicking when we loose and i get the hump big time, but i suppose ive just chilled with age and accept shit will happen and the world is against us, im more shocked when we do get a decision in our favor or someone isn't injured,
i think pep does need to change his ways, pick our strongest team play a settled line up
yes mahrez needs gone, gundo and rodri together don't work but individually are good players, we do need a left back and a stand by right back, but we are dammed if we do dammed if we don't, buy new players and we are spend spend, do not buy and we have to deal with what we have and accept the level
the youth will gradually come through, but the standard expected makes it very hard to break in, but i think we will see more foden type success stories,
ill wait till new year to start shouting and ranting if things haven't changed for the better, but right now im fairly relaxed

Well said...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.