Bit of Perspective

I don’t think I have ever agreed More with a post on this forum. To many wingers who doubtless don’t remember or weren’t even born during the dark days of div 3. Some of these posters are sounding like rag fans who think they are entitled so please do not end up being like them. I say enjoy what we have and stop fuckin moaning
Leave the wingers out of this. It's the strikers and the defenders that's the issues!

It’s not good at the minute, but if we can get a handle on it sharpish the league is there for the taking

Well i can't say that i agree with some of the points you made, but i sure sure as hell admire your optimism !

Last edited:
The rags have been said to be in transion for about six yrs on the trot , i think we are allowed one , hopeful!y just one
I thought our transition year was last season?
In fairness to Pep, our recruitment issues will cause more of these so called transition seasons if we don't recruit better & that's not just on him.
The standard of players we've lost over the last few years has been huge and the players coming in are not nearly of the same standard.....yet, they may never be but time will tell.
I'm not in the know or have anything like the talent of Pep but there's something very wrong at City at the moment, the players don't look happy, the tactics at times seem strange and i'm not sure we can just blame it on injuries.
Pep is a great coach, i sincerely hope he can sort it all out and we can challenge for the title but i'm not sure he can.

I think that there are way too many rags and dippers on this forum and they fan the flames and you get other people following them. We need to get the fumigators in a purge this place of all the rats.

Let's be honest it's perfectly fine to compare this team to the crap from the 90s and say be grateful. However since the takeover the ambition, expectation and investment in the club has changed everyone's perceptions from the fans, owners, players and managers. This is the big deal and for the last 12 years we are expected to try to win the CL by the owners.

We can't go on forever comparing this team to the ones in the 80s and 90s. Can you imagine a Huddersfield fan being livid for 50 years as their team haven't won the league since the 30s?

I do think that with the investment the Sheikhs put in we should be in a much position than where we are. Two years ago I would expect to win the league and maybe CL. Thus year I'm hoping for a too 4 spot and can't see us winning the CL as our defence is next to useless.

There does need to come a point where we stop comparing teams from the past as the money has completely changed everything about the club.

I would hope everyone writes anything on here with a dose of perspective about where we've come from but I feel like too often it means "don't complain".

I don't mind losing or drawing games. I do mind watching the same problems not being addressed for a full year. Before the West Ham game people were repeating the same observation that a Rodri Gundogan pairing doesn't work and most recently hadn't worked in midweek. Rodri handed in a performance worse than the laziest of Yaya. And yet Pep persists.

I want him to succeed and I wish him well, I'll always love the guy for the memories he's given me and my family across those two seasons. I would never complain or boo in the ground because he's earned my support. But I won't ignore reality or say he's not responsible for his own mistakes because Peter Swales used to be the chairman 25 years ago.

I think that there are way too many rags and dippers on this forum and they fan the flames and you get other people following them. We need to get the fumigators in a purge this place of all the rats.
Don‘t let your poverty of brain cells kid you that only dippers and rags vary from your own opinions.

If you disagree, I challenge you to name five closet dippers/rags on this forum.

No, let‘s make it easier for you. That would be all the digits on one hand. Name three instead.

And if you can’t achieve that simple feat, please don‘t come back with some other half-arsed obfuscating crap.

I am a bit worried. Yes I was there during the Div3 days so understand how far we have come. I've also been there during the last 10 wonderful years.
I also disagree with those saying we should have built a dynasty and win the league over and again like the Rags did. What the Sheikh's money has given us is the ability to be in the mix every year. That is the best any club can hope for these days.
We are undoubtedly in a transition season. The risk for me is the transition sees us fall out of the top 4. That would be extremely worrying for me - if we can keep top 4 this season I would be delighted. Anything else a bonus.
Apart from transition, we are also in decline in both the football we play and mentality of the team. Based on the last 12 months both Pep and the senior management team are also in decline. I think there's no doubt about that, as evidenced by the Lyon, Arsenal, Messi and no new striker debacles.
As it is now we have to get through the next 2 months without a striker of any more, an over reliance on KDB and of course the injury and COVID crises. If we are still in running for top 4 and still in CL by Christmas I'd be happy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.