Bitcoin (cryptocurrency)

I earn a decent wage, 500K would change my life

Not to deviate too much from the thread but there are lots of studies most notable one from Yale University which suggest there is a wage cap (I think its around 75k) where anything greater does not lead to greater life satisfaction or sustained happiness. The perception is it will do but actually it doesn't mainly down to your initial basic needs are already covered & then we mainly spend the rest (since we can) on new or materialistic items which give you temporary enjoyment. Apparently, if you do have excess cash to burn the best way forward for more longer term life satisfaction is to invest in experiences rather than constantly upgrading your tv etc. Could explain why we're all craving holidays during the pandemic.

Not to deviate too much from the thread but there are lots of studies most notable one from Yale University which suggest there is a wage cap (I think its around 75k) where anything greater does not lead to greater life satisfaction or sustained happiness. The perception is it will do but actually it doesn't mainly down to your initial basic needs are already covered & then we mainly spend the rest (since we can) on new or materialistic items which give you temporary enjoyment. Apparently, if you do have excess cash to burn the best way forward for more longer term life satisfaction is to invest in experiences rather than constantly upgrading your tv etc. Could explain why we're all craving holidays during the pandemic.
Tbf brass and coke aren’t cheap..

Whilst I'm sure there is something in that, it doesn't change the fact £500k would change my life

In dollars really. A decent pilot on 150k ain’t gonna have his life changed with 500k. The things you can afford when your on 150k to 500k a year doesn’t differ that much really.
I can’t tell you how wrong you are, but then they call it “personal” finance for a reason.

It’s bollocks! Put a 1 in front of it and I wouldn’t argue too vociferously, but $75K is a pittance for a family living anywhere close to any urban area of America!

When was the study done? 1985?!

500k would provide a new, or better, house, car, vacation quality, education, etc. for most people I know. To say it would have no positive effect on a decent earner is preposterous.

I know, for a fact, an extra 500K would have made my life better in the last 30 days, and I already earn a penny or two.

500k would provide a new, or better, house, car, vacation quality, education, etc. for most people I know. To say it would have no positive effect on a decent earner is preposterous.

I know, for a fact, an extra 500K would have made my life better in the last 30 days, and I already earn a penny or two.

I didn't say it wouldn't have a positive effect, that would be stupid.

500k USD would upgrade your current life if you already earn a decent wage, however it isn't life changing.

I didn't say it wouldn't have a positive effect, that would be stupid.

500k USD would upgrade your current life if you already earn a decent wage, however it isn't life changing.

No, you're wrong, completely.

New house, early retirement, holiday home or improved vacations, help out a struggling family member, help a child get on the housing ladder, and thats at 6.30 before I've even finished my first coffee.

It does, I accept, depend on your starting point. If you have a couple of million down the back of the sofa then I'll agree, it's not life changing. If however the 500K is more than your current nett worth (excluding your home) then it's life changing

how would you do that? Count me in gonna transfer some money into Binance as soon as my address is verified
If we are going to do that then we would need some of the more trusted members to be in control of the telegram/discord groups. I've noticed we have some big names here on bluemoon that are into crypto, users like @Pablo1 @ChicagoBlue @SPIDERBOY just to name a few, bluemooners like these could probably be trusted with the responsibility of managing a bluemoon crypto telegram group.

I'm no expert,far from it in fact,I fuck about with a few hundred quid,that's it.
But for those thinking about big money,here's a bit of perspective on how quick things change.
Mate of mine invested exactly £150k in various cryptocoins about a month back.
After 4 days he was £13k up......sent me a screenshot of his account this morning(3 week after being £13k up) and he is exactly £28,165,73p down on his original investment.
So that's just over £41k loss in 3 week.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.