Bitcoin (cryptocurrency)

I'm no expert,far from it in fact,I fuck about with a few hundred quid,that's it.
But for those thinking about big money,here's a bit of perspective on how quick things change.
Mate of mine invested exactly £150k in various cryptocoins about a month back.
After 4 days he was £13k up......sent me a screenshot of his account this morning(3 week after being £13k up) and he is exactly £28,165,73p down on his original investment.
So that's just over £41k loss in 3 week.

Your mate could get a job in government, turning profit into loss in such a short time will have Rishi and Boris banging on his door :)

Guy from Coin Bureau has great content on YouTube. I’ve learnt loads from his videos. He also has a newsletter and a telegram channel. He includes his portfolio in both.

A couple of other people do a podcast called Ledger Cast that is worth a listen, but can be a bit technical at times

No, you're wrong, completely.

New house, early retirement, holiday home or improved vacations, help out a struggling family member, help a child get on the housing ladder, and thats at 6.30 before I've even finished my first coffee.

It does, I accept, depend on your starting point. If you have a couple of million down the back of the sofa then I'll agree, it's not life changing. If however the 500K is more than your current nett worth (excluding your home) then it's life changing
We'll have to disagree then mate. Life changing and upgrades mean completely different things to me.

Nice argument to have though!

Woke up to a sea of red this morning, blame lies squarely at the feet of the Americans - Biden will be passing a bill to increase capital gains tax to 43% from 20% for crypto over 1m $. The yanks are all pissing the bed and cashing in coins. The Europeans and Asians are spending the following day correcting the market only for Americans to fk it up again.

Also guys. Be careful what you put on this forum, try not to mention where any crpto is kept as some shady fuckers will try their luck with your information .

Woke up to a sea of red this morning, blame lies squarely at the feet of the Americans - Biden will be passing a bill to increase capital gains tax to 43% from 20% for crypto over 1m $. The yanks are all pissing the bed and cashing in coins. The Europeans and Asians are spending the following day correcting the market only for Americans to fk it up again.

Also guys. Be careful what you put on this forum, try not to mention where any crpto is kept as some shady fuckers will try their luck with your information .
We all know there is zero underlying value on any crypto. So there can be no fault when the values fall of a cliff. Crypto, like any pyramid scheme, requires a surplus of new investors to pay the 'gains' made by exiting investors. When the industry runs out of suckers its over.

We all know there is zero underlying value on any crypto. So there can be no fault when the values fall of a cliff. Crypto, like any pyramid scheme, requires a surplus of new investors to pay the 'gains' made by exiting investors. When the industry runs out of suckers its over.
89% of legal tender is made up money.

Check out blockchain on YouTube and decentralised banks and you'll have a light bulb moment.

89% of legal tender is made up money.
True. But.... and it's a really big but, with currencies issued by states there's national economies, central banks, millions of people, billions of real assets bought and sold every day, and an enormous amount of political power (in the form of literally millions of people) backing up the assertion that it's worth something, and putting pressure on governments to keep it being worth something. There is no bitcoin state to prevent a run on the bitcoin. Obviously that's a selling point if you want to have untaxed wealth, buy drugs, etc - none of which desires I'm knocking, for the record - but I don't see how it ever becomes a means of exchange, rather than what it currently is which is a means of speculation to gain profits (which people always quote in those 'fake' currencies like pounds and dollars, for some reason). I don't see how bitcoin can ever gain the mass agreement of millions or billions of people that it's legitimate, reliable, and reasonably fair. I don't accept my wage in euros because Angela Merkel tells me it's worth something, I accept it in euros because I can reliably pay my rent and buy what I need with euros. So in the long run I do think cryptocurrencies are a ponzi scheme. But by all means fill your boots in the mean time, and maybe I'm the mug for staying out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.