Bitcoin (cryptocurrency)

We all know there is zero underlying value on any crypto. So there can be no fault when the values fall of a cliff. Crypto, like any pyramid scheme, requires a surplus of new investors to pay the 'gains' made by exiting investors. When the industry runs out of suckers its over.
Isn't that a Ponzi scheme as apposed to a pyramid scheme.

Woke up to a sea of red this morning, blame lies squarely at the feet of the Americans - Biden will be passing a bill to increase capital gains tax to 43% from 20% for crypto over 1m $. The yanks are all pissing the bed and cashing in coins. The Europeans and Asians are spending the following day correcting the market only for Americans to fk it up again.

Also guys. Be careful what you put on this forum, try not to mention where any crpto is kept as some shady fuckers will try their luck with your information .

You would have to mention your full name, email,password, 2fa, seed etc for anyone to stand a chance of trying their luck.

If we are going to do that then we would need some of the more trusted members to be in control of the telegram/discord groups. I've noticed we have some big names here on bluemoon that are into crypto, users like @Pablo1 @ChicagoBlue @SPIDERBOY just to name a few, bluemooners like these could probably be trusted with the responsibility of managing a bluemoon crypto telegram group.
Certainly no expert, snd put some “play money” into GBTC as Bitcoin was on the rise. Been hammered last few days, but -50% moves are not uncommon.

As I’ve said, I’m just leaving the money there as a long term investment to see what it can do. Had I done the same thing with my first purchase of Apple, I could have bought Kayky for City... TWICE!!!

Coulda woulda shoulda and all that!!!

I’m not your man for managing anything to do with anything involving other people’s money, but I greatly appreciate the kind words.

Certainly no expert, snd put some “play money” into GBTC as Bitcoin was on the rise. Been hammered last few days, but -50% moves are not uncommon.

As I’ve said, I’m just leaving the money there as a long term investment to see what it can do. Had I done the same thing with my first purchase of Apple, I could have bought Kayky for City... TWICE!!!

Coulda woulda shoulda and all that!!!

I’m not your man for managing anything to do with anything involving other people’s money, but I greatly appreciate the kind words.

You actually wouldn't be managing the money, just moderating the telegram blue moon crypto group chat.

As for buying Kayky twice.....I am not really sure about that one ;)

You actually wouldn't be managing the money, just moderating the telegram blue moon crypto group chat.

As for buying Kayky twice.....I am not really sure about that one ;)
Fair enough.

As someone who lives his life mainly on he backside of the clock to most on here, and is “out of pocket” (even by phone or text) for hours on end, I couldn’t & wouldn’t even moderate the pilot forum I use, let alone something for the denizens of Bluemoon.

Regardless, I thank you again for the thought.

True. But.... and it's a really big but, with currencies issued by states there's national economies, central banks, millions of people, billions of real assets bought and sold every day, and an enormous amount of political power (in the form of literally millions of people) backing up the assertion that it's worth something, and putting pressure on governments to keep it being worth something. There is no bitcoin state to prevent a run on the bitcoin. Obviously that's a selling point if you want to have untaxed wealth, buy drugs, etc - none of which desires I'm knocking, for the record - but I don't see how it ever becomes a means of exchange, rather than what it currently is which is a means of speculation to gain profits (which people always quote in those 'fake' currencies like pounds and dollars, for some reason). I don't see how bitcoin can ever gain the mass agreement of millions or billions of people that it's legitimate, reliable, and reasonably fair. I don't accept my wage in euros because Angela Merkel tells me it's worth something, I accept it in euros because I can reliably pay my rent and buy what I need with euros. So in the long run I do think cryptocurrencies are a ponzi scheme. But by all means fill your boots in the mean time, and maybe I'm the mug for staying out.
Legal tender is taken for granted by us in 1st World countries, there are many many instances of poorer counties seizing legal tender of their citizens leaving them penniless. Cadano for instance is setting up decentralised currency in Africa right now that is backed by the Egyptian government (whos prime minister has University degrees in cryptocurrency FYI), its 100% under the control of the owner of the currency and is peer to peer trading so it cannot be taken away from them by sidious rulers.

Besides that compies like Tesla accept bitcoin for purchases now, venmo owned by PayPal allow people to pay using crypo and even buy it from the app. BMW have signed a contract with VeChain to for their block chain to help with world wide logistics. Block chain international transactions clear in 15mins as opposed to 4 or 5 days. International companies will use this technology as a means to progress

There are lots of examples of companies waking up to crpto.

Legal tender right now is on its last legs, look at the world wide debt we are currently in and it will get worse. Decentralised currently will protect people against hyper inflation if there is a collapse of an economy.

I would say we are 5 - 10yrs away from a shift in the way everyone manages their finances and currency.

Don't get me wrong there are plenty of shitcoin ponzi scemes, dodgecoin, safe moon and the like just offer a meme and have social media pull. They don't offer any innovation and exist to scam money out of retail investors when the majority stake holder dumps and runs.

Has anyone got any background on Bitcoinrush? The mrs has seen some stuff online and is adamant we should throw in £250. Looks like a scam to me and I will look into it properly later, I just wondered if anyone has heard of it or used it?

Legal tender is taken for granted by us in 1st World countries, there are many many instances of poorer counties seizing legal tender of their citizens leaving them penniless. Cadano for instance is setting up decentralised currency in Africa right now that is backed by the Egyptian government (whos prime minister has University degrees in cryptocurrency FYI), its 100% under the control of the owner of the currency and is peer to peer trading so it cannot be taken away from them by sidious rulers.

Besides that compies like Tesla accept bitcoin for purchases now, venmo owned by PayPal allow people to pay using crypo and even buy it from the app. BMW have signed a contract with VeChain to for their block chain to help with world wide logistics. Block chain international transactions clear in 15mins as opposed to 4 or 5 days. International companies will use this technology as a means to progress

There are lots of examples of companies waking up to crpto.

Legal tender right now is on its last legs, look at the world wide debt we are currently in and it will get worse. Decentralised currently will protect people against hyper inflation if there is a collapse of an economy.

I would say we are 5 - 10yrs away from a shift in the way everyone manages their finances and currency.

Don't get me wrong there are plenty of shitcoin ponzi scemes, dodgecoin, safe moon and the like just offer a meme and have social media pull. They don't offer any innovation and exist to scam money out of retail investors when the majority stake holder dumps and runs.

dogecoin has some serious backing. I think it’s around to stay

Has anyone got any background on Bitcoinrush? The mrs has seen some stuff online and is adamant we should throw in £250. Looks like a scam to me and I will look into it properly later, I just wondered if anyone has heard of it or used it?
It will be a scam. There isn't really any get rich quick schemes. If I was you I would do your own research, bitcoin, ethereum are solid investments but there are some good alt coins like ada, VET and more that will come good over the next 10yrs. It's not financial advicw

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.