Bitcoin (cryptocurrency)

apologies if this has been pointed out already, but Wallace-Wells corrected this recently, it turns out he had overestimated how bad bitcoin is environmentally speaking. (Still fucking bad though.)

Bitcoin energy consumption

Bitcoin energy consumption

This just sums up how pointless Bitcoin really is. I just read that it is worth 0.5% of global energy consumption and who knows what % of that contributes to Co2. And what has been produced as a result, absolutely nothing.

To me it's a very dangerous fad only made useful to gamblers, the naive and drug dealers.

My mate bought 4K safe moon 5 days ago I think
It’s now worth 36k

I think good money to be made if you’ve got the time to do quick turnovers on these small price ones at the start

This just sums up how pointless Bitcoin really is. I just read that it is worth 0.5% of global energy consumption and who knows what % of that contributes to Co2. And what has been produced as a result, absolutely nothing.

To me it's a very dangerous fad only made useful to gamblers, the naive and drug dealers.
gold-mining is 50 times more expensive than mining bitcoins and running the bitcoin network. Producing gold for the wedding band on your finger alone generates twenty tons of waste !

he gold-mining industry – which produces between 2,500 to 3,000 tons of new gold every year – consumes 475 million gigajoules of electricity: equal to around 131.9 TWh. It is much more difficult to scrutinize the energy output of the banking system which encompasses brick-and-mortar branches, printing facilities, computer servers, ATMs, and transportation, though one analysis puts the figure at 140 TWh.
way more than bitcoin

gold-mining is 50 times more expensive than mining bitcoins and running the bitcoin network. Producing gold for the wedding band on your finger alone generates twenty tons of waste !

he gold-mining industry – which produces between 2,500 to 3,000 tons of new gold every year – consumes 475 million gigajoules of electricity: equal to around 131.9 TWh. It is much more difficult to scrutinize the energy output of the banking system which encompasses brick-and-mortar branches, printing facilities, computer servers, ATMs, and transportation, though one analysis puts the figure at 140 TWh.
way more than bitcoin

But gold is real, so not the same at all

It’s now worth 36k

I think good money to be made if you’ve got the time to do quick turnovers on these small price ones at the start
Check out Safestar & Safegalaxy, both are younger versions of the same coin type. Safestar did 220% yesterday, just dropped hard but its at the last all time high and holding after 1 whale sold out at 10x for $800,000!

It’s now worth 36k

If I was him l would sell. IMO its shitcoin, prime pump and dump.

way more than bitcoin
58% of banking industry computing is done on the cloud, which offers extremely large efficiencies. Some of the major cloud providers are already at 100% renewable.

I've no idea how they came to that analysis, because what I've found from the same source the article quotes as 'unbiased' suggests that Bitcoin energy usage equals that of all other computing world-wide.

If you know how GPU's work when mining crypto (200w per GPU chip/card 24/7), vs the server CPU's that run almost everything else (load balanced farms with peak usage of around 45w per chip), then that's all to easy to imagine.

That's not to say that something like Netflix usage is really very inefficient. It is. We are duplicating processing and transmission of data endlessly.

If I was him l would sell. IMO its shitcoin, prime pump and dump.

I told him to sell some at least, I said if you were told you’d double your money you’d be happy but he’s not listened, hopefully he will sell as it starts falling and before it’s dropped to much

I told him to sell some at least, I said if you were told you’d double your money you’d be happy but he’s not listened, hopefully he will sell as it starts falling and before it’s dropped to much

It's the same with dodge, 95% of the currency is held by a handful of individuals. They wait for the price to hit a peak then dump all their currency, leaving retail investors out of pocket.

This is not financial advice but he could cash in and invest on ETH.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.