Black Friday And Cyber Monday:

Bit on a few things today, didn't intend to. Camera for my daughter for Christmas and a few PS4 games for myself and friends for Christmas. Horizon Zero Dawn complete edition, Kingdom Hearts 3, Witcher 3 complete edition and God of War for just over a tenner each.

Waiting on a good deal now either football manager 2020 or octopath traveller on Steam. Heard some non League clubs are offering FM20 at £20 delivered.

Levis website 30% off everything. If you know your fit then a bargain. Just saved £65 on 2 pair of jeans. If your a new customer you get a further 10% discount. Free postage too.

Dreadfully exhausted with all this festive fookwittery but mercifully the deed is done and it's steady on the tiller as we set sail toward calmer waters and a Cyber Monday. I needed to get out for air so identified our last remaining purchases and set off for Bury to enjoy a cream tea special in Debenhams whilst watching the town go about it's business through the panoramic glass vista of a third floor window. After refreshments it was time to buy and we couldn't buy because the retail conglomerates are nothing short of scallywags stuck in a time warp from a long begotten age. I confidently approached the counter of TJ Hughes and said I would like to purchase a 100 ml bottle of Marc Jacobs Daisy for £52 pounds and the assistant began to giggle hand to mouth like that piss taking woman used to do with Alan Partridge in his hotel in Norwich. So she said It was actually £60 and tried to blag my head that their online outfit was cheaper because it didn't pay any VAT which of course is untrue so we bade her farewell and fooked off to Boots and Superdrug the kings of High St perfumery but those scurrilous dogs wanted £79. The same all over Bury so after being disappointing with our other purchases we returned back home.

A quick search revealed TJ's price was indeed only £52 so rather than give them the business we paid £51 with delivery and a 10% further discount as a new customer to Groupon and the final tally for a 100ml bottle of Daisy came in at £47 offering a saving on the high-street on a Black Friday of a massive £32. And little wonder why our town centers remain on their arses with over zealous two tier pricing mechanisms non conducive in the art of fair play. OK I get they have overheads with staff premises rates etc but how can a bottle of daisy cost £32 more than it is online compatriots on a so called sales day to end all sales days. For reasons of fiscology we will now stick with online shopping as e-commerce continues to tighten of it's grip on the last bastions of the High Street and soon they will breath life no more.

Its the same with mobiles and if you walk into a Three retail shop and acquire an S10 its £79 upfront and £45 a month. Three online via switching or a deal site only want £29 upfront and £33 a month. A few dollars more to compensate for the stores overheads I understand but the pricing disparage is a tragedy to behold. E-commerce is eating up our high street at a desperately alarming rate and just like Nero the High Street fiddles away whilst Rome burns.

Last edited:
Haha me too! Had a 6s for ages. Have to charge it about 3 times per day but I’ll keep it until it stops working, I’m happy paying £8 a month!
Same here 6 plus £15 a month unlimited everything can’t bring myself to pay that much for a phone it’s stupid

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.