Black screen with cursor

Credo

Connected laptop with Windows 10 today to tv monitor for the first time, ran kodi no problems. Came back this evening to do the same and the screen is locked to a black screen with cursor. Turning on and off makes no difference, or Ctl+alt+del

It is the same if the laptop is disconnected from tv and switched on and off, or connected.

HELP

Sounds like another RAM problem(someone else has posted the same problem recently). Open your case up at the back, get some compressed air if you can, take the ram stick(s) out give it a good dust out and try and re-seat the sticks, swap slots/ports and try again if not successful. You might have to buy new ram but this works a lot of the time, try them separately too it might just be one stick that's the problem.

Edit: I missed the part about it being a laptop, it will be different for each laptop but they make the RAM and the HDD easy to get to, still follow the same principle though.

Last edited:
Do not owrry credo, it is a simple driver error, we can resolve this so don't shit it just yet mate.

Can you hammer f18/10/12 (depending on brand of pc) and get up bios options bud please.

Goes straight to a black screen. When I first had the problem it was black screen and cursor. At present the cursor is not coming up.

Connecting the laptop to a tv, on the TV in the bottom left corner are the words
S <F2> to enter SETUP

However much I press Fn and F2. Nothing happens.

Connected laptop with Windows 10 today to tv monitor for the first time, ran kodi no problems. Came back this evening to do the same and the screen is locked to a black screen with cursor. Turning on and off makes no difference, or Ctl+alt+del

It is the same if the laptop is disconnected from tv and switched on and off, or connected.

HELP
Try holding CTRL+P

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.