Blackberry Playbook

MIKEYP said:
thedogsbollocks said:
i wouldn't waste your money on a playbook,they are closed source,meaning they don't have access to android market,meaning you wont get the best apps.Also worth remembering they have no expansion card slot,meaning they are virtually useless as a traveling companion,they are also heavy and cumbersome.In a nutshell yesterdays tablet.

not all tablets are compatible with a persons lifestyle.It is worth remembering that when you consider buying one.

For instance an i pad is a nice bit of kit,but it is closed source,meaning you cant just transfer your own music files and avi files on to the device.Everything has to go through Apple,hence why some call them crapple.

Same with the Kindle Fire,nice tablet with HD screen,heavily discounted because they hope to recuperate the loss through flogging you their movies,books and music on to the pad.Difficult to add your own music and movie files unless your a bit tech savvy.

most people buy these sorts of pads and are disappointed that it is a ball ache to do the things they actually bought it for.People just presume it is simple to bang all your movies and cd collection on.Doesn't work like that these named tablets make money long term.

most people want a pad not to replace their laptop,but as a traveling partner to put all their movies and cds on,maybe read an e book,and connect to a wi fi hot-spot when traveling and nothing more.Makes sense to buy an open source tablet meaning that it will play and recognize all AVI formats and music formats,also one with a micro sd slot up to 32gigs.meaning you can buy as many 32 gig cards as you want and use them in the tablet,also a HD display,

the best value tablets are the lower budget ones. i have 2 of these in my family and use them for traveling abroad,good price and kids love them so easy to use.http://www.amazon.co.uk/TABTRONICS-...6UE0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1355890012&sr=8-1

Thanks for that pal.I am sold on the tabtronics tablet,it looks the mutts nuts,and a great price.Only down side is its not available until the new year on amazon!

It does look good. Same weight and thickness of ipad. I was looking for a second tablet just to browse the net and stream music but I have Bluetooth speakers and I don't think this has connectivity sadly.

I'm close to buying one of these just working out how to run it past the wife.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.ebuyer.com/407318-sumvision-cyclone-voyager-tablet-pc-cycvoy101" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.ebuyer.com/407318-sumvision- ... -cycvoy101</a>

This one looks good aswell as it has good screen resolution.

<a class="postlink" href="http://android-sale.com/yuandao-n70s-dual-core-7-inch-android-tablet.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://android-sale.com/yuandao-n70s-du ... ablet.html</a>

thedogsbollocks said:
i wouldn't waste your money on a playbook,they are closed source,meaning they don't have access to android market,meaning you wont get the best apps.Also worth remembering they have no expansion card slot,meaning they are virtually useless as a traveling companion,they are also heavy and cumbersome.In a nutshell yesterdays tablet.

not all tablets are compatible with a persons lifestyle.It is worth remembering that when you consider buying one.

For instance an i pad is a nice bit of kit,but it is closed source,meaning you cant just transfer your own music files and avi files on to the device.Everything has to go through Apple,hence why some call them crapple.

Same with the Kindle Fire,nice tablet with HD screen,heavily discounted because they hope to recuperate the loss through flogging you their movies,books and music on to the pad.Difficult to add your own music and movie files unless your a bit tech savvy.

most people buy these sorts of pads and are disappointed that it is a ball ache to do the things they actually bought it for.People just presume it is simple to bang all your movies and cd collection on.Doesn't work like that these named tablets make money long term.

most people want a pad not to replace their laptop,but as a traveling partner to put all their movies and cds on,maybe read an e book,and connect to a wi fi hot-spot when traveling and nothing more.Makes sense to buy an open source tablet meaning that it will play and recognize all AVI formats and music formats,also one with a micro sd slot up to 32gigs.meaning you can buy as many 32 gig cards as you want and use them in the tablet,also a HD display,

the best value tablets are the lower budget ones. i have 2 of these in my family and use them for traveling abroad,good price and kids love them so easy to use.http://www.amazon.co.uk/TABTRONICS-...6UE0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1355890012&sr=8-1

The marketplace is inaccessible but it is not true to say their is no access to Android applications on the device (it is something the developers specifically enabled a couple of OS revisions ago).

It depends upon how much effort you wish to invest in converting android applications to .bar files.

Dr.Faustus said:
thedogsbollocks said:

The marketplace is inaccessible but it is not true to say their is no access to Android applications on the device (it is something the developers specifically enabled a couple of OS revisions ago).

It depends upon how much effort you wish to invest in converting android applications to .bar files.

Soon enough android apps will be available on BB without conversion, unless BB are lying.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.