Blackberry repairs

C17Y CJ

Anyone know anywhere to get Blackberry repaired around north Manchester. Seems to have gone a bit haywire; buttons doing wrong functions etc.

Cheers.

Before you spend money just do a few things. I assume you have tried a battery pull? If not do that. Your phone hasnt been soaked or even slightly wet recently? That would normally be the cause.

Forgot to add- have you dropped it heavily recently? Or changed the housing? It could be that your keyboard is out of place.

Yeah, tried that; think it has got ever so slightly wet. literally one drip!

The trackball is rolling but when you click it won't do what it should, same with the red and green buttons. All other buttons ok.

My trackball is a complete pain in the arse. If you have the time, it would be worthwhile to take the battery out and keep your phone in a jar of rice overnight. The recommended time is 3-5 days but i couldnt live without my phone for that long. If the problem was with the other keys then i would suggest re-installing the operating system but it seems to me that moisture is the problem. Your last resort is to just buy a replacement keyboard in the internet, they arent too expensive. Theres no point in giving your phone to someone to get it fixed for £50 when you could do it yourself.

if you've got a precision screwdriver set (you either need a Torx screwdriver or a mini flat head one) it might be worth taking it apart yourself. I've got a BB Bold with a trackball and it stopped clicking completely (they get worndown and caked in dust and dead skin).

There are videos on youtube on how to do it http://m.youtube.com/watch?desktop_...e.com/watch?v=N09b4tmDq2E&v=N09b4tmDq2E&gl=GB. I ended up buying a new trackball off ebay and replacing it. Took a few goes to get it right, mainly cos I didn't follow instructions properly. Works like when it was new now though.

C17Y CJ said:
Anyone know anywhere to get Blackberry repaired around north Manchester. Seems to have gone a bit haywire; buttons doing wrong functions etc.

Cheers.

Indoor market .... Oldham. £20

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.