"Blackfishing"

Apparantly jese is deep tanning, wearing braids and talking in jamaican like trying to represent she is not a white girl, lee has spoken to her about it before, not the done thing and offensive to non white people

Apparantly

I half reckon she’s set up this debate herself through her agent and publicist to get everyone talking about her and people streaming and buying the single.

I thought there was a chance of that myself but I think it is more likely a reaction that came from Pinnock.

Their target audience of young kids are more likely to react negatively to public shaming of cultural appropriation etc.

I half reckon she’s set up this debate herself through her agent and publicist to get everyone talking about her and people streaming and buying the single.
I don't. I think she just went with something that was different to Little Mix, without a sense that it might offend someone.
Unless she, and her agent, are more machivellian than I give her credit for.

I thought there was a chance of that myself but I think it is more likely a reaction that came from Pinnock.

Their target audience of young kids are more likely to react negatively to public shaming of cultural appropriation etc.
Hi Fode. Do you think the debate about cultural appropriation is a healthy one?

Apparantly jese is deep tanning, wearing braids and talking in jamaican like trying to represent she is not a white girl, lee has spoken to her about it before, not the done thing and offensive to non white people

Apparantly
Why is it offensive??

Not asking for your opinion as such, just asking if you know why.

Hi Fode. Do you think the debate about cultural appropriation is a healthy one?

No. It isn't a concept I agree with because it is historically illiterate. Throughout history people have nicked bits of culture off other people and made them their one, they try and bring this shit into food FFS!

If I wanted to try an authentic Chinese cuisine I would definitely go to a restaurant that was ostensibly run and owned by Chinese people but nobody has a monopoly on a certain kind of food. If people want to make a fusion style or have lived overseas and want to try out a business with a food they liked, it is fair game.

Restaurants adapt to the predominant tastes of their host culture, I went to Brazilian/Japanese style sushi chain restaurant in milan, very little spice- because Italians don't tend to use a lot of spice and don't have tolerance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.