"Blackfishing"

I've experienced and done many things that have shaped me in my life.

I've gone from being a 2 year old watching my mother's fingers getting snapped in front of my face and being backhanded across the length of a room when I've gone to defend her.

I've seen a female neighbour gripped by her throat on a car bonnet when I was around 10 and realising my age could do nothing for her, so all I could do was bang on the window to let her husband attacker know I saw him.

I've gripped up a bloke in a nightclub who was screaming in his woman's face, so turfed him via a one arm chokehold (and her, by her wrist, for attacking me for protecting her) and told them to deal with their shit outside if they couldn't civil.

As many know I've HAMMERED a rapist when no one helped the victim because she was a former drug addict who went back on drugs to deal with the trauma.

I've broken a police curfew because a female friend said she was being stalked.

If you see something, the least you can do is make a call to the police, rather than ignore abuse and pretend you never saw it.

But, that's where my own morality is.

Everyone else can walk their own line.
Good for you, but what relevance has any of the above got to do with getting upset about what someome wears.

Lots of people wear combat gear clothing that imitates battle fatigue. Do you think those that were actually in. the armed forces are upset because young kids have appropriated their uniforms especially after all the scarifices they have made defending our freedoms in 2 world wars. Its the same silly argument isnt it.?

I've experienced and done many things that have shaped me in my life.

I've gone from being a 2 year old watching my mother's fingers getting snapped in front of my face and being backhanded across the length of a room when I've gone to defend her.

I've seen a female neighbour gripped by her throat on a car bonnet when I was around 10 and realising my age could do nothing for her, so all I could do was bang on the window to let her husband attacker know I saw him.

I've gripped up a bloke in a nightclub who was screaming in his woman's face, so turfed him via a one arm chokehold (and her, by her wrist, for attacking me for protecting her) and told them to deal with their shit outside if they couldn't civil.

As many know I've HAMMERED a rapist when no one helped the victim because she was a former drug addict who went back on drugs to deal with the trauma.

I've broken a police curfew because a female friend said she was being stalked.

If you see something, the least you can do is make a call to the police, rather than ignore abuse and pretend you never saw it.

But, that's where my own morality is.

Everyone else can walk their own line.
Fair play mate, good post, I'd expect no less from you.
You make such good posts, you don't have to resort to calling people scum, you let yourself down when you do that imo. If you were an idiot I wouldn't even respond. But you're clearly an educated man, frustrated, I get that, but sometimes you allow yourself to be drawn into arguements against people who can't even listen, let alone respond in an appropriate manner.
It's a subject close to your heart (and mine, but in a different way)
You see life because you've lived it in a way no one else on here has seen it. Don't expect everyone else to understand, because no matter what you say, they still won't mate.

Good for you.

And the way you see things without understanding context, even though it's been explained numerous times on this thread, is what is called White Privilege.

I'm pretty sure you'll feel offended without understanding the context and reasoning through your '1st world problem' eyes.

There are none so blind that will not see.
White previlidge? Really??? Just because i dont get upset by what someone wears lol.

I find the not so subtle insults are usually started by the person losing the debate.

Mate ive seen many a thing and travelled and worked extensively through the developing world. Your not the only one to have had a few life experiences. You would do well to remember that.

Have a good evening.

Another question is whether calling out so called "blackfishing" is effective"?

Seems self evident it actually has had the the opposite effect, the girls accused of it in 2018, Emma Hallberg and Aga Brzostowska have seen the number of their Instagram followers grow. It's doubled for Hallberg and Brzostowska's twelve times what it was three years ago. And they are still as tanned as they were in 2018.

Jesy Nelson's single is number one trending and the highest new entry at 4th place in the UK singles chart.

Good for you, but what relevance has any of the above got to do with getting upset about what someome wears.

Lots of people wear combat gear clothing that imitates battle fatigue. Do you think those that were actually in. the armed forces are upset because young kids have appropriated their uniforms especially after all the scarifices they have made defending our freedoms in 2 world wars. Its the same silly argument isnt it.?

This is getting pretty myopic.

What you see as a 'silly argument' of today, has been raging on since your collective 'King of Rock and Roll' turned a profit and became an undeserved 'great' in the annals of historic music.

Just in a different form.

It wasn't a respected PoV then, nor will be now.

It's just rinse and repeat under a new classification.

Do you use the first world problems argument for everything btw?
No I reserve that phrase for people like you who worry about things that are not serious issues.

You life must be a constant car crash if you get upset and concerned about what people wear or how they look. God help you if you ever have a friend or family member with a life threatening physical or mental illness you are clearly going to struggle to cope. I wish you well.

Fair play mate, good post, I'd expect no less from you.
You make such good posts, you don't have to resort to calling people scum, you let yourself down when you do that imo. If you were an idiot I wouldn't even respond. But you're clearly an educated man, frustrated, I get that, but sometimes you allow yourself to be drawn into arguements against people who can't even listen, let alone respond in an appropriate manner.
It's a subject close to your heart (and mine, but in a different way)
You see life because you've lived it in a way no one else on here has seen it. Don't expect everyone else to understand, because no matter what you say, they still won't mate.

You're right, I do get drawn.

However, I levelled the word at nobody on here. I levelled at those that cannot find a way to 'do the right thing' (funnily enough, Spike Lee made a film on this VERY subject).

If those people take offence at the word, then there's a reason why.

To me, do the right thing and there are many ways that can be done.

Doing nothing is not acceptable, so I cannot and will not apologise for a word labelled no one by name.

This is getting pretty myopic.

What you see as a 'silly argument' of today, has been raging on since your collective 'King of Rock and Roll' turned a profit and became an undeserved 'great' in the annals of historic music.

Just in a different form.

It wasn't a respected PoV then, nor will be now.

It's just rinse and repeat under a new classification.
mankind imitates man, its been happening since we were rubbing sticks together and drawing on cave walls 2million years ago. So what?

White previlidge? Really??? Just because i dont get upset by what someone wears lol.

I find the not so subtle insults are usually started by the person losing the debate.

Mate ive seen many a thing and travelled and worked extensively through the developing world. Your not the only one to have had a few life experiences. You would do well to remember that.

Have a good evening.

It's funny, but I don't just drop a depth charge without knowing who'll get sucked in by it. You view things as 'subtle insults', I view them as not bothering to understand the connotations of reducing a centuries old issue to nothingness.

I predicted you wouldn't know why I said that in relation to the context matter and so I was proved right.

Have a great evening yourself.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.