"Blackfishing"

Correct and they get called out too, by real artists that have made it via true hard work.

For example 'LL Cool J' getting ragged by 'Nas'.

This is not ignored.
As was the white rapper who did Ice ice baby, (can't be bothered to Google his name.) As I said, if it is conning people to make money, call it out. If it is just someone admiring a culture and copying it that can't be wrong.

Before the Internet, twitter and other social media, people developed their views and thoughts by going out of the house meeting and talking to people. The more people you met the broader, usually, your views were.
As travel opened up and new countries were visited so people learnt to be more tolerant and understanding.

That's what I read on another forum anyway.
I think I’ll just let you all get on with it.
If you're unwilling to even understand why people might have the viewpoint they have, then how are your oppositions to said viewpoints supposed to be taken seriously? How is it constructive? How is it fair?

Too simplified! And to simplify it, by the whitesplaining individual who claims Black isn't Black, is racist.

I even said, earlier, just an acknowledgement of the influence that got that famous person their wealth (based upon that very appropriation)... is racist.

It's not that I won't contribute as I see more and more twisting of the situation, I just can't abide stupidity and I don't want to curse out particular clowns, so I'm resisting.

You are a racist Bigga, as I've called you out when you posted content that talks about about foundational black Americans and discussed whether people's ancestors were house or plantation slaves. The fact that you had an opportunity to acknowledge that mistake, disown that sentiment and say sorry but chose to double down is telling.

Race obsessed and entitled. Hence your enthusiasm for using the word "Whitesplaining". Did you read the link I posted to the study that explains why khoisan people's skin is light? Thought not.

As was the white rapper who did Ice ice baby, (can't be bothered to Google his name.) As I said, if it is conning people to make money, call it out. If it is just someone admiring a culture and copying it that can't be wrong.

I think the problem is that similar artists of a demographic considered 'originators', who did/ do similar type things get overlooked whilst the appropriators reap the rewards.

That artist you mentioned and 'Marky Mark' (Mark Whalberg) surrounded themselves with Black/ Brown dancers for their videos (who knows what else) and told blatant lies about their rise to success in their field, in this case, music.

Happens time and again and that's why it annoys people that call it out.

I mean if you don't understand why they're offended, how can you be so sure it's laughable? That comes across as unfair.

I'm not going to try to change your mind on this, but I honestly believe it's worth yours and everybody else's time to quickly look up why these things get the reaction they do and why to some people it runs deeper than just copying aspects of culture.
It’s really not worth many people’s time tbh.

If you're unwilling to even understand why people might have the viewpoint they have, then how are your oppositions to said viewpoints supposed to be taken seriously? How is it constructive? How is it fair?
I’ve stated that I’ve talked to people that it effects, I don’t do social media for a reason and this thread just enforces my thinking there, I’ll just let you all carry on going round in circles.

Wouldn't that offend some bloke in a kilt? Magic Pole could perhaps help us on that.
I can't quite work out whether l should be offended by former President Obama wearing a suit and tie.;)
I certainly am not going to tell a Samoan or Fijian rugby player he shouldn't play the game.
Your examples are stunningly missing the point

You are a racist Bigga, as I've called you out when you posted content that talks about about foundational black Americans and discussed whether people's ancestors were house or plantation slaves. The fact that you had an opportunity to acknowledge that mistake, disown that sentiment and say sorry but chose to double down is telling.

Race obsessed and entitled. Hence your enthusiasm for using the word "Whitesplaining". Did you read the link I posted to the study that explains why khoisan people's skin is light? Thought not.

You whitesplain far too much. You don't live the life of nor live in the skin of, but yet think it's okay to explain who is and who is not Black and also find it 'funny' to post pics of slaves hanging from trees and think it's acceptable.

You're a dick. I get that now.

You're such a dick you don't or ignored that that post you think you're calling me out on, was a viewpoint made by a section of Black Americans and their view of Kamala Harris and why she doesn't have the ancestry to appreciate the ADOS position.

But, you carry on tub thumping.

Nothing like twisting a truth for your own agenda.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.