"Blackfishing"

That's bollocks mate. Someone being scared to raise their voice due to their own insecurities does not make them a racist. Instantly calling this hypothetical person an instant racist will do nothing to help the situation. I also think that social media/forums like this, are a spectacularly shit place to have discussions about this sort of thing and is part of the problem we currently have as a society. People instantly take up positions they won't be moving from, misunderstandings occur, and it all gets shouty and finger pointy. It's very depressing.

To your first point about inactivity, if that person goes home and that situation is not on their mind, at least overnight, then that will tell the story of that person. It doesn't take a lecture, but it takes an active showing there's a lack of support about something negative.

But, that's just my own opinion.

For me, in my past as a kid, it was "I should have said something/ I should have done something". Never made that mistake again.

But, yes, it's depressing.

To your first point about inactivity, if that person goes home and that situation is not on their mind, at least overnight, then that will tell the story of that person. It doesn't take a lecture, but it takes an active showing there's a lack of support about something negative.

For me, in my past as a kid, it was "I should have said something/ I should have done something". Never made that mistake again.

For me...my regrets would be more based around ''why didn't I keep my fkin mouth shut''...

I agree, and as a younger lad, there were situations where things had been said by other people that i knew were wrong, i'd go home and feel like shit. That doesn't happen anymore. Out the last three fights i've found myself in (and were talking over a good number of years, i am not a fighter) two of them were calling out people for racist remarks which ended up kicking off.

The fact that you didn’t know why, confirms that you must be a racist.

You have to expand on your learning by buying a provocatively titled polemical book written by a young black woman to cross into the side of "not racist".

:)
Obviously.

I need to apologise to the Irish....I once copied Dexys in the clothes they wore when "Come on Eileen" came out (loved that look). The Irish had a pretty terrible treatment from the Brits before their Independence, and the fact I am a descendant of Irish immigrants on both sides of my family leaves me even more confused.

OK, so that was a bit glib (but true), so is it that the "appropriation" in this Jessy thing is more important? Genuine question.

Obviously.

I need to apologise to the Irish....I once copied Dexys in the clothes they wore when "Come on Eileen" came out (loved that look). The Irish had a pretty terrible treatment from the Brits before their Independence, and the fact I am a descendant of Irish immigrants on both sides of my family leaves me even more confused.

OK, so that was a bit glib (but true), so is it that the "appropriation" in this Jessy thing is more important? Genuine question.
it's different though, no one gives a fcuk about the Irish.....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.