Blackpool FC - help required

CTID101 said:
Their running the club into the ground so they can shut up shop and flatten bloomfield road, heard rumours they want to put something like the winter gardens on it and have it hosting boxing and so forth. They have whacked a nice hotel on the site already so putting the foundations down I think!

Shame no one can step in and take it off them.

cant see it, they have completed 3 stands at the ground most of the money raised from the football trust, i very much doubt the FT would pump a few million in with no sound long term plans at the club and i would assume some kind of contract would exist between them, the premiership was simply to bigger a place for the Oystons a place they would be described as small fish in a big pond, the Oystons are quite happy with the club sitting in the lower divisions and raping the club of any profits which then find there way to other Oystons ventures

marco said:
CTID101 said:
Their running the club into the ground so they can shut up shop and flatten bloomfield road, heard rumours they want to put something like the winter gardens on it and have it hosting boxing and so forth. They have whacked a nice hotel on the site already so putting the foundations down I think!

Shame no one can step in and take it off them.

cant see it, they have completed 3 stands at the ground most of the money raised from the football trust, i very much doubt the FT would pump a few million in with no sound long term plans at the club and i would assume some kind of contract would exist between them, the premiership was simply to bigger a place for the Oystons a place they would be described as small fish in a big pond, the Oystons are quite happy with the club sitting in the lower divisions and raping the club of any profits which then find there way to other Oystons ventures

To avoid potential litigation, i'll let this one ride. ;-)

From the BBC:

Blackpool Supporters' Trust (BST) have launched a £16m bid to buy the League One club from the Oyston family.

Owner Owen Oyston has been in charge of the Tangerines since 1987 and son Karl is the chairman at Bloomfield Road.

The pair have had a fractious relationship with fans over how they run the club, with numerous protests over the past two years.

Blackpool, who were in the Premier League in 2010-11, finished bottom of the Championship last season.

"BST has prepared what it deems a fair and reasonable bid, which in the current climate deserves serious consideration," said a statement.

"There is a range of serious challenges currently facing the club and a change in ownership is a logical step to help resolve the issues for all parties.

"BST believes that, under the current ownership, the club cannot return to its former glories and that a more likely scenario is ongoing poor performance on the football pitch, leading to knock-on impact on financial performance."

Valeri Belokon, the Latvian club president who has owned a 20% share since 2006, has previously called for Karl to resign after he sent abusive texts to a fan - something which saw him banned from all football activity for six weeks and fined £40,000.

The club was the subject of a takeover approach two months ago, but without the support of all directors the offer was rejected.

Former West Ham assistant Neil McDonald was appointed as the new manager replacing Lee Clark following their relegation to the third tier.

Good luck to them, though I doubt Oyston will sell.

Their pre-season friendly against Lancaster was abandoned today, due to a pitch invasion by protesting fans;
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/33493919
I admire their stance, but the fans would want to think about exactly what they're going to achieve by their actions. The club was charged after their last game of last season was abandoned due to a pitch invasion. And I would guess that the FA will be looking closely at today's events. Worst case scenario, they'll have to play some game(s) behind closed doors, which won't help the team. Oyston didn't go after the last invasion; no reason to think he'll go now.

Their pre-season friendly against Lancaster was abandoned today, due to a pitch invasion by protesting fans;
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/33493919
I admire their stance, but the fans would want to think about exactly what they're going to achieve by their actions. The club was charged after their last game of last season was abandoned due to a pitch invasion. And I would guess that the FA will be looking closely at today's events. Worst case scenario, they'll have to play some game(s) behind closed doors, which won't help the team. Oyston didn't go after the last invasion; no reason to think he'll go now.
I was at the game,at least we played 75 minutes. Funny how Blackpool have spent more money this season than they did last year. Karl seems to be following on with his dad's words, that'll leave the cunts at the bottom of division two where he found them.

Dunno if this was reported as it came from a pool can I know yesterday. but Karl was taking loads of shit outside the ground as usual (bloomfield) and went to his car and pulled his shot gun out,although he never aimed it at anyone. The man is a fucking nutter.

I was at the game,at least we played 75 minutes. Funny how Blackpool have spent more money this season than they did last year. Karl seems to be following on with his dad's words, that'll leave the cunts at the bottom of division two where he found them.

Dunno if this was reported as it came from a pool can I know yesterday. but Karl was taking loads of shit outside the ground as usual (bloomfield) and went to his car and pulled his shot gun out,although he never aimed it at anyone. The man is a fucking nutter.
The shotgun incident happened, it was reported in the Gazette and Oyston was spoken to by the cops but not charged.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.