Bladerunner 2049 v Bladerunner 1982

Robinho's Subbuteo

Team supported
Manchester City
Just got around to watching Bladerunner 2049, finally, being a huge fan of the first film.

It was great to see Harrison Ford reprise his Deckard character, Ryan Gosling is great in it too, the visuals and special effects were also very impressive but it's still not a patch on the first one.

What was the point of Jared Leto's Character exactly? Not a patch on Tyrell.

The female baddie had nothing on Rutger Hauer's Roy. On that, how Rutger Hauer didn't win an Oscar for his performance is beyond me.

And why oh why didn't they get Vangelis to do the music again!? The music in 2049 is 'ok' but the standout piece for me was when they used part of the original Vangelis score at the end.

Having said that, I did enjoy 2049, just nowhere near as much as the original 1982 instalment.

Hauer's tears in rain scene is one of the best.
I did enjoy the new one, but it could never touch the original.

Just got around to watching Bladerunner 2049, finally, being a huge fan of the first film.

It was great to see Harrison Ford reprise his Deckard character, Ryan Gosling is great in it too, the visuals and special effects were also very impressive but it's still not a patch on the first one.

What was the point of Jared Leto's Character exactly? Not a patch on Tyrell.

The female baddie had nothing on Rutger Hauer's Roy. On that, how Rutger Hauer didn't win an Oscar for his performance is beyond me.

And why oh why didn't they get Vangelis to do the music again!? The music in 2049 is 'ok' but the standout piece for me was when they used part of the original Vangelis score at the end.

Having said that, I did enjoy 2049, just nowhere near as much as the original 1982 instalment.
Which version though?

Directors cut for me.

New one was good, but not a patch on the original.

I think Leto is a weak actor or at least i don't "get it" with him. I think the female baddie is pretty good, she is not just a female terminator, almost but there is a flicker of humanity in her, she just doesn't know how to deal with it, imo ofc. It had the same tone as the original imo which was very unique, an underrated film imo.

Hauer's tears in rain scene is one of the best.
I did enjoy the new one, but it could never touch the original.

Is it true “like tears in rain” part wasn’t even in the script and Hauer just said it off the cuff?

Huge fan of the original; probably my favourite film of all time.

On first viewing of 2049 I didn't think much of it; visually great but not much else to it. On second viewing I enjoyed it a lot more.

Agree that Leto was poor. Really hammed it up as he often does. Pointless character. The female bad replicant was also annoying.

Gosling was great, big fan of his. I think that the side-story of his 'relationship' with the hologram was the most interesting part and probably could have made for a better main plot story line.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.