Blatter and the World Cup

mcfc83

Sorry if it has already been mentioned but did anyone here the comments of Sepp Blatter this week regarding the 2018 World Cup?

This is the jist of it

"...what they presented is remarkable. Russia is not a country but a continent and Russia has big plans to expand.
“Listen, it (England's bid) is the easiest bid in the world. They have the football already organised. They have everything. England has no problem in delivering a World Cup.
"The other bidders must convince the executive. England does not have to convince us.
"We know England can stage the World Cup. But England winning (the right to stage it) – I am not so sure."

full story here

So basically what he is saying is that England is at a disadvantage because they have everything all ready in place and don't need to develop? That is hardly fair is it?
The man is a fool and you have to wonder whether he has an agenda against England hosting the World Cup when he makes comments like that.

We haven't even mentioned the corrupt Jack Warner yet either, who sold WC 2006 tickets on the black market but has somehow got the England 2018 bid committee kissing his ass to try and win his vote!
The whole thing is a corrupt mess.

mcfc83 said:
Sorry if it has already been mentioned but did anyone here the comments of Sepp Blatter this week regarding the 2018 World Cup?

This is the jist of it

"...what they presented is remarkable. Russia is not a country but a continent and Russia has big plans to expand.
“Listen, it (England's bid) is the easiest bid in the world. They have the football already organised. They have everything. England has no problem in delivering a World Cup.
"The other bidders must convince the executive. England does not have to convince us.
"We know England can stage the World Cup. But England winning (the right to stage it) – I am not so sure."

full story here

So basically what he is saying is that England is at a disadvantage because they have everything all ready in place and don't need to develop? That is hardly fair is it?
The man is a fool and you have to wonder whether he has an agenda against England hosting the World Cup when he makes comments like that.

We haven't even mentioned the corrupt Jack Warner yet either, who sold WC 2006 tickets on the black market but has somehow got the England 2018 bid committee kissing his ass to try and win his vote!
The whole thing is a corrupt mess.

What he is saying is England can host a world cup tommorrow and should be the outstanding candidate but if you buy me a villa in Barbados and send my kid to Oxford i will give the world cup to your country as England doesn't need to bribe me to get the world cup.

(@OP, not above post) No, he's being like a manager. He's playing mind-games. He's doing the equivalent of Baconface saying that Chelsea have the title all wrapped up - trying to provoke a response whereby anything less than England breezing the bid is seen as a failure, and deliberately trying to give England a sense of overconfidence while initiating a response from the "also-rans".

You're all a bit biased, I think. And I hate the bastard.

What he's getting at is: There's no upside in having the World Cup in England - it's preaching to the choir. We want to grow the game globally and having it in England will accomplish fuck all.

You can argue the merits of that stance, but that's what's at the bottom of it.

DonJulio said:
You're all a bit biased, I think. And I hate the bastard.

What he's getting at is: There's no upside in having the World Cup in England - it's preaching to the choir. We want to grow the game globally and having it in England will accomplish fuck all.

You can argue the merits of that stance, but that's what's at the bottom of it.

Blatter has this 'world' vision, whatever that might conjure up in his tiny mind, and he feels that FIFA has a 'duty' to take the World Cup to a string of earthly shitholes, so that FIFA can say they are spreading the gospel and all the economic goodies attendant to the award. The experience in South Africa underlines the risk of awarding it to 'undeveloped' parts of the world in terms of economic development and also footballing development.

No doubt within 24hrs Blatter and his cronies will have announced that the whole show has been one glittering success.

To be fair, I don't care where the World Cup is held, when I'm watching the odd game in the pub, it doesn't matter if its beamed from London or Leningrad to me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.