Blondie.

i love most of the songs by blonde but this is one of my fave
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hvqgb1D6Opw[/youtube]

pauldominic said:
Debbie and Agnetha (blonde from ABBA) were my teenage crushes.

Hard to say which was the better band.

Have to say that Agnetha was undeniably my biggest teenage 'crush' too ....

what a voice , what an arse!

Blondie and ABBA produced two very different styles of music , and whilst Blondie enjoyed more success than ABBA in their American homeland , they can't compete with ABBA on overall record sales ....... ABBA , at 375 million worldwide sales , have sold more than NINE times as many records as Blondie have to date.

2ez1mb7.jpg
16izghi.jpg

34e937k.jpg

One of my favourite bands. Can't beat a bit of Rapture and Heart of Glass on the old iPod shuffle.

Watched a great BBC4 documentary about Blondie before Christmas. It described how, once the drugs and the in-fighting took over, it all went completely pear-shaped. They neglected their finances and, after the band eventually split up, only had $25,000 left in the bank account to share between them.

Debbie Harry came across pretty well (and she's not 'ruff as fuck' as another poster reckons - she's just ageing, for chrissakes) but Chris Stein seemed a bit weird. The other original band members have been overlooked in recent comeback tours and were predictably bitter.

There old grey whistle new years eve show from Glasgow is on the iPlayer now. Debbie and bagpipes
I saw that at the time and thought the sound was lame. Could hardly hear the guitars. Sometimes gigs just don’t come across on the TV. Bet it sounded completely different in the venue.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.