Blue light annoyance.

Out of interest how high do you think the stanchions are?

You would think a roped access team would be able to do the job. Much cheaper.

I work for a rope access/steeplejack company and I have asked if this could be done and although I never got a method it was a definite yes (though Steeplejacks say they can do anything & and he never took any detailed info)

With Rope access your usually dropping down to resolve a problem I think, on the aprtment blocks in town the lads usually use mobile weight trolleys or are rigged up onto stainless steel parts of the structure and then go over the edge. Perhaps you could ladder your way up the stanchions with Steeplejack ladders maybe?

I have actually tried to get hold of the FM guy at City to no avail, I imagine quite a few companies have offered to take a look at this so perhaps there is some unkown reason it cannot be done, or may be they just don't think its worth the effort.

Well you can certainly hire a cherry picker big enough if the highest tower is 70m. So why not fix them. Looks poor to me with one light on.

The cables that powered the lights were destroyed by pecking birds. Also the cherry picker needed for the job is scandolouslg expensive. From memory it was something like 15k a week back in 2002 and was one of only a couple in Europe of that scale.

It's a bigger job than you would think to sort!
Don't the club use any bird scaring techniques? Most do these days.

The cables that powered the lights were destroyed by pecking birds. Also the cherry picker needed for the job is scandolouslg expensive. From memory it was something like 15k a week back in 2002 and was one of only a couple in Europe of that scale.

It's a bigger job than you would think to sort!

Pfft, shame Fred Dibnah's no longer with us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.