Blue Moon Playlist Review Club - Season 2, Episode 15 - Reinvention & Renewal - threespires (pg 327)

But I'm going to go for the completely obvious one because perversely it's not actually about closing time. I'm going specifically for the Dan Wilson acoustic version because I think stripped back it's more obvious it's lyrics speak to other time related things like leaving a period of your life behind and being (re)born.

Dan Wilson - Closing Time (Acoustic)
Beautiful version of the song with that title that I'm most familiar with. Extra points for not mentioning the band and faking me out before I heard it! :-)

Hen Ogledd - Time Party

Intrigued by this track I've had a listen to half a dozen of their songs. Blimey, there's a lot going on there, bit of funk, bit of folk, bit of acid jazz, a bit proggy, a bit of everything really! Can't yet decide if they're brilliant or really annoying :-)

Intrigued by this track I've had a listen to half a dozen of their songs. Blimey, there's a lot going on there, bit of funk, bit of folk, bit of acid jazz, a bit proggy, a bit of everything really! Can't yet decide if they're brilliant or really annoying :-)
Anything Richard Dawson is involved in tends at worst to be interesting at least

Will go a plain oldie. A song that was good, then became a bit of an anthem for a while. Then a bit of a cliché. Then a bit of a classic, then a bit forgotten. Now it is just back to being a good song, that imo has aged pretty well.

Del Amitri - nothing ever happens.

Will go a plain oldie. A song that was good, then became a bit of an anthem for a while. Then a bit of a cliché. Then a bit of a classic, then a bit forgotten. Now it is just back to being a good song, that imo has aged pretty well.

Brilliant song from a very good album. Love the accordion on this one, as well as some great words.

I had the very thought that it had aged well a few weeks back when it came up on autoplay for me. Though some references are a bit outdated, the sentiment of song is as relevant as it ever was and sadly some references are even more pertinent than when it was written.

Edit: I suppose The Last To Know is a song about time too.

and To Last a Lifetime
and As Soon as the Tide Comes in

All proving one of my previous posts to be tosh!

Last edited:
Brilliant song from a very good album. Love the accordion on this one, as well as some great words.

In the early 90s Del Amitri bore little resemblance to most of what I listened to and wasn't particularly fashionable either but quality songwriting and solid musicianship will always find an audience.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.