Blue Moon Playlist Review Club - Season 2, Episode 15 - Reinvention & Renewal - threespires (pg 327)

In the early 90s Del Amitri bore little resemblance to most of what I listened to and wasn't particularly fashionable either but quality songwriting and solid musicianship will always find an audience.

Same, and into the 'teenies?' too. Felt that they almost had a song for pretty much any situation or feeling to relate to.

Some I considered

Nick Drake - Time Of No Reply
Pop Will Eat Itself - Wake Up Time To Die
The Housemartins - Think For A Minute
Silver Bullet - 20 Seconds To Comply
Broadcast - Lunch Hour Pops

Nick Drake should appear more on here.

My 16 year old has recently discovered my old copy of London 0 - Hull 4 and spent Friday night with his mates playing it on repeat very loudly. I had sort of forgotten what a good debut album that was.

Last edited:
Nick Drake should appear more on here.

My 16 year old has recently discovered my old copy of London 0 - Hull 4 and spent Friday night with his mates playing it on repeat very loudly. I had sort of forgotten what a good debut album that was.
I was little younger when I got The Housemartins album but it's a good record which I have occasionally banged on.
Nick Drake for obvious reasons has a small body of work but it's quality. A troubled soul unfortunately

A couple that I would have done had we still been on five...

Jim Croce - Time In A Bottle
Secret Affair - Time For Action
"Time in a Bottle" was almost my lead off, but I went APP sentimentally.

MCD's "Time Passages" was another well-known considered too.

I'll keep things open until 4pm GMT (you all get one more week until BST) for any final submissions, and then I'll add my closers. They have not yet been mentioned. ;-)

For the penultimate song on the playlist, I’m a bit curious to see how this local band goes over or if/how much they’ve been heard before. They're supposedly big on the European continent.

The Connells from down the road in Raleigh have been together since the mid ‘80s, but made it big in the early '90’s with this iconic song that reflects on the passing of time and how people they used to know have changed. The video for this was song was filmed at my kids’ rival high school with members of that class from that year.

'74–'75 – The Connells

Last edited:
And what playlist isn't complete without the storytelling from John Prine?

Released off of Prine’s last studio album in 2018, this song really just grabbed me from the beginning. The images this song presents are very striking in the coming to an ending and the things and feelings we associate with that. John even slips in references to Easter, Valentines Day, and New Years Eve. A fitting final album from the master storyteller. “Just come on home”.

Summer’s End – John Prine

(the playlist ends at a respectful 2 hours 58 minutes, not bad for a good road trip coming up!)

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.