Blue Moon Playlist Review Club - Season 2, Episode 16 - Spaced Out - RobMCFC (pg 338)

My first has to be of a current influence of the slide guitar. His latest album might be the best of 2024 thus far, but more on that later.

For now, we'll go back in the past for some Slide Live Gold.

Austin's own, and America's favorite king of the current blues:

When My Train Pulls In (Live In North America 2016) - Gary Clark Jr.

I'm sure some people will scoff at the idea of a Richard Marx song in this thread, but I absolutely loved his first two albums and saw him put on a great show at the Apollo in 1989.

This catchy number is his debut single and features Joe Walsh on slide. Hearing this song always reminds me of Saturday afternoons listening to The BBC R1 Stereo Sequence with Johnny Walker.

"Don't Mean Nothing" - Richard Marx

My first has to be of a current influence of the slide guitar. His latest album might be the best of 2024 thus far, but more on that later.

For now, we'll go back in the past for some Slide Live Gold.

Austin's own, and America's favorite king of the current blues:

When My Train Pulls In (Live In North America 2016) - Gary Clark Jr.

Very partial to a bit of Gary Clark Jnr

This catchy number is his debut single and features Joe Walsh on slide. Hearing this song always reminds me of Saturday afternoons listening to The BBC R1 Stereo Sequence with Johnny Walker.

It was only recently that I found out his real name was Peter Dingly or something (Walker not Walsh!). Quite why it had never occurred to me that a name like Johnnie Walker might be a pseudonym I have no idea!

Very partial to a bit of Gary Clark Jnr

It was only recently that I found out his real name was Peter Dingly or something (Walker not Walsh!). Quite why it had never occurred to me that a name like Johnnie Walker might be a pseudonym I have no idea!
I probably knew that but forgot because I read his autobiography a good few years ago.

I'm sure some people will scoff at the idea of a Richard Marx song in this thread, but I absolutely loved his first two albums and saw him put on a great show at the Apollo in 1989.

"Don't Mean Nothing" - Richard Marx

Excellent choice. Joe Walsh has the most wonderful slide guitar sound.

I love this track. It's one of those that takes me back to my Nashville secondment as it got loads of airplay when I was there.

I think I saw the same show as you at the Apollo.

Excellent choice. Joe Walsh has the most wonderful slide guitar sound.

I love this track. It's one of those that takes me back to my Nashville secondment as it got loads of airplay when I was there.

I think I saw the same show as you at the Apollo.
From what you've said previously, I must have been hearing all the same stuff on The Stereo Sequence that you were hearing in Nashville.

There was a slot on the show where they linked up with a US DJ and did a rundown of the US Top 40, so it's no surprise.

When people wonder why I generally like American music far more than British, it's probably through listening to this show and hearing all this amazing stuff in their top 40 whilst we had the likes of 5 Star and Madness.

From what you've said previously, I must have been hearing all the same stuff on The Stereo Sequence that you were hearing in Nashville.

There was a slot on the show where they linked up with a US DJ and did a rundown of the US Top 40, so it's no surprise.

When people wonder why I generally like American music far more than British, it's probably through listening to this show and hearing all this amazing stuff in their top 40 whilst we had the likes of 5 Star and Madness.

Lol, 5-Star :-) weren't they all siblings whose names began with D ? I seem to remember one of them was a looker, Debbie, Daphne or Delilah or something?

I've just had a look at the top 100 from 1985 in the UK and the US and tbf they're pretty much as dodgy as each other! I had failed to realise how big Wham were in the US.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.