Blue Moon Playlist Review Club - Season 2, Episode 17 - Alcohol - Mancitydoogle (pg 344)

Glad you're enjoying it, it's a very good album even before you get into the context of it.
It's a solid album, indeed. Like @mancity111 once did, I feel I have lots of catching up to do on her back catalogue.

That's two artists in a row (counting Allison Moorer) that have tough backgrounds and the past bad relationships to overcome. Am I sensing a theme?
I will do a folk orientated album choice at some point but my next one will be a 20th century classic (imo!).
Intrigued, I am.

Any takers for Monday? Just trying to give anyone that volunteers that hasn't yet been in this round hunners of notice.

That's two artists in a row (counting Allison Moorer) that have tough backgrounds and the past bad relationships to overcome. Am I sensing a theme?

Lol, we won't be getting into that on here; let's just put it down to us brits loving an underdog and leave it at that thank you Dr Phil :-))

Intrigued, I am.

I reckon a third will own it and might agree it's a classic. What the other two thirds think of it is the interesting bit and anybody's guess! Everyone will have heard of it.

Last edited:
Threespires - Reinvention

An interesting theme for a playlist - here were my standouts:-

"Longest Day" - Soulsavers - We've definitely had this one before. Dave Gahan on vocals, sounds better than Depeche Mode (apologies to BimboBob).

"48 Roses" - Mariachi El Bronx - I like a bit of rock/Mexican crossover ala Calexico.

"Can't Let Go" - Robert Plant & Alison Krauss - A cover version but a good one, so I'll let them off.

"You Wear It Secondhand" - Idlewild - Nice and moody

"I Burn Today" - Frank Black - Seems like he can make proper music on his own (apologies to Pixies fans).

I enjoyed (if that is the right term) reading @threespires notes on Thea Gilmore and those first two tracks were very good. The third track not so much.

I was going to say that maybe there is a case for another thread - "Storytellers", where a nominator tells a story about the artist or music or on a personal level, but I think that we've got that well covered on the Album and Playlist threads, as BimboBob has demonstrated so well this week.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.