Blue Moon Playlist Review Club - Season 2, Episode 17 - Alcohol - Mancitydoogle (pg 344)

Well looks like you have another week to listen to it.

Think we go with a week's break/extend this one. See if anyone comes forward for next Monday. If not I can come up with something as a back-up, but tend to leave that till the end of the round.
I can do next Monday, just too busy to do this weeks.

I can do next Monday, just too busy to do this weeks.

Let's go with that. We skip this week, more time to listen to the last couple playlists, and resume on monday next week.

If nobody else that hasn't been twice comes forward in that periof for going after you, I'll go next and then we start again after that.

Do we dare add focus songs so we're not still "spaced out" ahead of Sunday's crucial final match?

If so, the me celebrating tonight's match nominates this ahead of tonight's result for a side-listen / extra credit:

Sober Up - AJR (featuring Rivers Cuomo)

(I nominate this while filling my pint glass again with a "Big Little Thing" IPA)

SPACED OUT

Very different playlist from others that have been nominated less songs but mostly longer.
I liked all of Rob’s initial picks having only heard Grant Lee Buffalo before.
Stand out for me was Jim White.

Other notables MMJ, NO and Passengers
Of the ones that I’d heard before Julie Cruise brought back lots of memories of TP a show I loved back in the day and I’ve always liked The Cure.

A bit of light relief from the OK Computer review

ALCOHOL

I’m sure many of us imbibed yesterday to celebrate the Four in a row.
Alcohol is one of my many vices, from a very young age I raided my parents drinks cabinet and was hooked, fortunately I’m not an exsesive drinker and I drink because I like the taste not to get drunk.I particularly like a dram of Whiskey or Rum.

Anways on to the playlist it can be a band or song.

Milk and Alcohol ,Dr Feelgood
always like the Canvey Island boys and saw them a few times live.

Drunken Poets Dream ,Hayes Carl
Alison Moorers other half writes a good song with humour not unlike John Prine

Drunk Last Night ,Eli Young Band
Heard this on Bob Harris country sometime ago, liked this song but have listened to much of their other stuff.

Dancing with the women at the bar,Whiskeytown
RA became one of my favourite Arists after hearing this album some of his solo work can be hit and miss, not surprisingly given his output, I’ve always loved the three WT albums thoug

Sunday Morning Coming down Kris Kristpfferson.
This is a classic covered by many but I think the original is best

Well, if we're going to start off with a banger, I'll throw in what might categorize a few of you from yesterday's festivities. I had 2 out of 3, and that ain't bad. No scotch, and maybe not just one of each either...

Excellent category to kick off the post-four in a row celebration week. Hope this continues strong into FA Cup weekend! ;-)

From my home-state growing up, this artist's recording studio was right down the rural road from my childhood swimming pool. This was initially a blues song written by Rudy Toombs and recorded by Amos Milburn in 1953, but when re-released in 1975, it helped put this artist on the music map and was a staple of my Philly rock FM radio growing up.

"One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer" - George Thorogood & The Destroyers

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.