Blue Moon Playlist Review Club - Season 2 - Episode 24 - RobMCFC – Primary and Secondary Colours (pg 412)

Bruce Hornsby is turning out to be a good "go-to" artist on this playlist thread. In 2002, he put out the frankly bonkers album, Big Swing Face. This is an album that features hip-hop beats, lots of bass and electronica, and bizarrely most of it lands.

"Take Out The Trash" - Bruce Hornsby

Bruce Hornsby is turning out to be a good "go-to" artist on this playlist thread. In 2002, he put out the frankly bonkers album, Big Swing Face. This is an album that features hip-hop beats, lots of bass and electronica, and bizarrely most of it lands.

Ok, for someone who said he'd struggle mustering nominations you've hit gold there mate.

There are moments when that sounds like the '"Dad" version of Yard Act, what's not to like! Definitely going to be a highlight of this playlist for me.

Last edited:
Ok, for someone who said he'd struggle mustering nominations you've hit gold there mate.

There are moments when that sounds like the '"Dad" version of Yard Act, what's not to like! Definitely going to be a highlight of this playlist for me.
Glad you like it. The second half of that album is very good in terms of something different.

Glad you like it. The second half of that album is very good in terms of something different.

Got it on now. I think I scored your album thread Bruce Hornsby nom reasonably favourably but I think you picked the wrong album ;-)

Only disappointment so far, I thought the title track was going to be a lunatic cover of the old Bill Potts swinger.

Just read it sold almost nothing, what's wrong with people!

Got it on now. I think I scored your album thread Bruce Hornsby nom reasonably favourably but I think you picked the wrong album ;-)

Only disappointment so far, I thought the title track was going to be a lunatic cover of the old Bill Potts swinger.

Just read it sold almost nothing, what's wrong with people!
I view it as a successful experiment that can't compete with his proper music. It's catchy in places, no doubt, but how can it be better than pianos, mandolins and story-songs? :)

Iron and Wine tend to do that on a couple of their albums (a band I think you'd like actually, if you don't already). I.e 'spice' things up with different 'influences' across the one album.

I view it as a successful experiment that can't compete with his proper music. It's catchy in places, no doubt, but how can it be better than pianos, mandolins and story-songs? :)

Gonna buy you an Akai controller for Christmas, Coatigan's got an instruction video you can watch :-)))

Iron and Wine tend to do that on a couple of their albums (a band I think you'd like actually, if you don't already). I.e 'spice' things up with different 'influences' across the one album.
I remember listening to one of their albums once and found it OK but not enough to investigate further.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.