Blue Moon Playlist Review Club - Season 2 - Episode 24 - RobMCFC – Primary and Secondary Colours (pg 412)

Nice selection, I had this on the Trackspotting disc from 1997. Been a while since I heard that one.
After revisiting this popular UK disc that I picked up there back in the day when CDs were the thing (and I couldn't get it in the US), I recalled plenty of spacey songs on that, including... Surprise! "Falling" that I chose earlier.

So yeah, I guess that song was big in the UK to reinforce the answer to my question again.

I almost picked another track off of that compilation as there is much to enjoy there, but I'm going to take advantage of some overlap from the last playlist and put forth what should be a perhaps lesser known song that I almost selected a few weeks ago. Given this is a City forum, hopefully this will ring true for a few of you.

"Your Blue Room (from 'Beyond The Clouds')" - Passengers

Last edited:
Was going to put forward Ayla by the maccabees, which is a lovely song to get lost to that I really like. But seeing as you guys collectively royally fucking shat the bed with that album, it might be wasted on you, lol.

The kite - skies fell.

It is a bit of an all or nothing this one, i.e listen to the whole song or none of it.

For my final one sadly Pat Metheny is going to have to wait till another day because I have to go with the godfather of space music Tomita. Moog and Mellotron - Isao was the man.

I was going to for his version of Mars from Holst's Planet Suite because it reminds me of being about 9 years old and with the rest of my primary school class being dragged down to the Wythenshawe Forum to enter some sort of school dance competition. Most of the other schools were probably doing a bit of Irish dancing or some sort of happy little choreography set to Wig Wam Bam or some other such shit, but there we were in our vests and pants doing a demented interpretive dance to Mars by Holst. Unlike my secondary school I don't remember any of my primary school teachers being heid the baws but they must have been. The 70's were bloody weird.

However, much of Claude Debussy's music was pretty spaced out and impressionistic in the first place even before Tomita got his hands on it and made his name by interpreting his tone paintings so I'm going with.

Tomita - Arabesque No. 1

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.