Blue Moon Rising TV

The perfect fumble

Blue Moon Rising, Full Time Devils, Chelsea Fans’ Channel and SpurredOn, are all operated by Shotglass Media, a digital wing of Fremantle UK, the production company behind The Apprentice, Take Me Out and Britain’s Got Talent.

You can see the resemblance, if only in appearance....

I enjoy Blue Moon Rising TV and was curious about how they got started, how they seemed to have sprung up out of nowhere, with decent production values and even trips to Australia to cover our summer friendlies, now I know.

Does it matter who owns them? Does being owned by Shotglass Media undermine the notion that the channel is “by the fans, for the fans”.

Thread title needs a health warning. It's quite a shock to see that gormless fat rag wanker on screen like that.

All of the guys who run Bluemoon Rising TV are hardcore blues, to a man.

They are true blues, they work for it but do they run it?

Noticeable they've not mentioned anything about the booing of the Champions League anthem.

Here's the Shotglass Media Twitter account, all very new, all very now....

https://twitter.com/shotglass_media

Seems they own the Football Republic as well....

Back in April this year.....

http://www.tubefilter.com/2015/04/10/fremantlemedia-uk-shotglass-digital-media/

"FremantleMedia UK (FMUK) has a new brand under the company umbrella. The British media giant has launched a new digital media label dubbed Shotglass Media, led by Managing Director Kat Hebden.

According to the release, Shotglass Media’s goal will be to create “innovative digital experiences” through funded content, sponsorships, and digital advertising for brands and their fans, predominantly in the food and sports niches. In addition to new programming, Shotglass will continue to develop current FMUK brands such as the Munchies YouTube channel (co-produced by Vice Media), as well as football (aka soccer) channels Full Time Devils, Chelsea Fans Channel, and Blue Moon Rising."

This is all a bit corporate for my tastes.

I went looking for a real fan Channel, so I went to the West Ham Fan Channel, I remembered them from a while back, they seemed the real deal, but what do I find?

As of four days ago their clips look like this....

looks familiar.

They are true blues, they work for it but do they run it?

Noticeable they've not mentioned anything about the booing of the Champions League anthem.

We'll OK, they work for it but they decide on the content.

They did indeed mention the booing of the CL anthem. Only last night they posted, "CITY FANS BOO THE UEFA ANTHEM IN SEVILLE!" on their Facebook page, along with a video from inside the stadium.

We'll OK, they work for it but they decide on the content.

They did indeed mention the booing of the CL anthem. Only last night they posted, "CITY FANS BOO THE UEFA ANTHEM IN SEVILLE!" on their Facebook page, along with a video from inside the stadium.

You know they decide on content? Okay.

Fair enough on the booing, I've not been on their Facebook page for a while.

The lads are clearly true blues and I enjoy their videos, but Shotglass Media are not in this for the love of football, they're in this for the money.....

"Shotglass Media’s goal will be to create “innovative digital experiences” through funded content, sponsorships, and digital advertising for brands and their fans, predominantly in the food and sports niches."

I'm too 20th Century for this bollocks.

Football is owned by corporates.................Its just how it is now.

I don't think average fans would be able to afford to produce the fan TV channels offered for free........

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.