Blue Moon Rising TV

The perfect fumble

When you contrast our YouTube fan channel - Blue Moon Rising TV - to the likes of RedMen TV, FullTime Devils, Arsenal FanTV or even West Ham Fan TV, it doesn't get the number of views and likes I think it deserves.

A while back, a good while back, I started a topic about the ownership of these channels and I was criticised for having a go at Blue Moon Rising TV, which was not my purpose or intention. This derailed the thread from discussing how BMRTV could become more successful.

Despite having some great presenters, true Blues all, it doesn't seem to have got the traction of some of the other fan channels. In fact, if you take away the official Man City Channel, City, given the size of our club, has a very poor YouTube footprint in comparison to our rivals.

If you look at other clubs of similar size not only do they sometimes have more than one "official/unofficial" fan channel, but there are various chat channels where supporters talk varying degrees of good sense/bollocks pre-match and post-match.

This topic is not a thinly disguised let's have a bash at Blue Moon Rising TV, not by any means. I want it to be more successful with wider reach.

Whether Blues think it's a good idea or not, City's YouTube presence matters. Millions of people scan it all the time for City related stuff. It can't all be left to the club’s official channel

i think they do some great stuff. i dont think it matters how many views it gets and they shouldnt be aiming for that imo. as long as there is good content and city fans enjoy it who cares. the reason it doesnt have the same traction as other channels is that teams like arsenal for example have millions of glory hunters all over, we dont. i think its reflective of our fan base, whiich is good.

When you contrast our YouTube fan channel - Blue Moon Rising TV - to the likes of RedMen TV, FullTime Devils, Arsenal FanTV or even West Ham Fan TV, it doesn't get the number of views and likes I think it deserves.

A while back, a good while back, I started a topic about the ownership of these channels and I was criticised for having a go at Blue Moon Rising TV, which was not my purpose or intention. This derailed the thread from discussing how BMRTV could become more successful.

Despite having some great presenters, true Blues all, it doesn't seem to have got the traction of some of the other fan channels. In fact, if you take away the official Man City Channel, City, given the size of our club, has a very poor YouTube footprint in comparison to our rivals.

If you look at other clubs of similar size not only do they sometimes have more than one "official/unofficial" fan channel, but there are various chat channels where supporters talk varying degrees of good sense/bollocks pre-match and post-match.

This topic is not a thinly disguised let's have a bash at Blue Moon Rising TV, not by any means. I want it to be more successful with wider reach.

Whether Blues think it's a good idea or not, City's YouTube presence matters. Millions of people scan it all the time for City related stuff. It can't all be left to the club’s official channel
Their output will slowdown now, the owners of the channel have pulled funding(I don't think it's just the City fan channel either) Twosips explained it better on his own channel.

It's a bit of a shame, I wonder if the club would be interested in buying the channel or maybe that was the plan when the owners set all these channels up? (cynical I know but if that's the case the club should just set up a new one and keep the same bunch) As good as the official channel is(the best imo) we need a fan presence on youtube as well as you said.

Last edited:
I lile blue moon rising tv, quite good, amd I watch a couple of things, but ratings don't matter really if it's getting the audience that like it. For me it's really good

Tarquins tv gets loads of views because it's comedy gold when they lose, angry old git claude, wenger fanboy ty, the other **** always saying fam blud fam , some silly twat with a shite baseball cap and beard and a knob off storage hunters are right clowns. this means they get non arse fans watching it to laugh at them.

only watch blue moon R and arsenals fans tv as the other clubs ones are pretty shite tbf.
We can be happy with what we have as it's top notch

I lile blue moon rising tv, quite good, amd I watch a couple of things, but ratings don't matter really if it's getting the audience that like it.

Tarquins tv gets loads of views because it's comedy gold when they lose, claude, ty, the other **** always saying fam blud fam , some silly twat with a shite baseball cap and beard and a knob off storage hunters are right clowns. this means they get non arse fans watchibg it to laugh at them.

only watch blue moon R and arsenals fans tv as the other clubs ones are pretty shite tbf.
We can be happy with what we have as it's top notch
As I was saying though the owners have pulled funding, I'm no expert on how Youtube money is earned but I'd say if the subscriber counts and view counts aren't at a level enough to self sustain it and everybody onboard, then funding needs to come from elsewhere... so if Blues want the channel to keep going with the same people then they might need help finding a solution.

Their output will slowdown now, the owners of the channel have pulled funding(I don't think it's just the City fan channel either) Twosips explained it better on his own channel.

It's a bit of a shame, I wonder if the club would be interested in buying the channel or maybe that was the plan when the owners set all these channels up? (cynical I know but if that's the case the club should just set up a new one and keep the same bunch) As good as the official channel is(the best imo) we need a fan presence on youtube as well as you said.

I didn't know the funding had dried up, I wonder if it's just Blue Moon Rising or the other channels as well. I must admit I understand the business model for YouTube channels, in the same way I understand the working on the internal combustion engine, meaning kind of.

I didn't know the funding had dried up, I wonder if it's just Blue Moon Rising or the other channels as well. I must admit I understand the business model for YouTube channels, in the same way I understand the working on the internal combustion engine, meaning kind of.
I think both subscribers and view counts count towards what they pay out, they might have to start using adds too, I hope they figure a way to keep it going and grow it too. I think a problem going forward could be the money would still go to whoever owns it... so they need to maybe set up a brand new channel and start from scratch and get everyone here to subscribe to help them along? That is of course if they all still want to keep it going they might have other plans.

Last edited:
Your posts are the best, they really are the best, just the best, everyone says so. I have many friends they all say the same, the best posts, simply the best, they all agree.
Here's my man.
i think they do some great stuff. i dont think it matters how many views it gets and they shouldnt be aiming for that imo. as long as there is good content and city fans enjoy it who cares. the reason it doesnt have the same traction as other channels is that teams like arsenal for example have millions of glory hunters all over, we dont. i think its reflective of our fan base, whiich is good.
Spot on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.