Blue Moon Way

withingtonmcfc

I was working near Maine Road earlier today so I called into the Lowry Homes sales office on Claremont Road to find out about how the development is coming along and to pick up some brochures to see some of the plans. Whilst I was there I had a brief chat with one of the sales reps and she informed me that one of the roads on the site is to be named "Blue Moon Way".

Interesting that they should name it after our very own website!

are they buillding flats or houses,i heard that where the centre spot was is going to be a water fountain with circular benches around that was the centre circle.

withingtonmcfc said:
I was working near Maine Road earlier today so I called into the Lowry Homes sales office on Claremont Road to find out about how the development is coming along and to pick up some brochures to see some of the plans. Whilst I was there I had a brief chat with one of the sales reps and she informed me that one of the roads on the site is to be named "Blue Moon Way".

not after the song we've been singing for years ?

blue dallas said:
withingtonmcfc said:

HELLO CLARKIE.

Blue Moon memory of Maine Road
David Ottewell

March 20, 2008

A ROAD on the site of Manchester City's old ground has been named Blue Moon Way - by a United fan.

The name, a salute to one of City fans' favourite terrace chants, is one of five street names chosen for the housing development being built on the site of the Maine Road ground.

Jordan McIntosh, nine, a pupil at St Mary's primary, Moss Side, came up with the name.

Jordan, who lives in Moss Side, said: "My uncle Raymond helped me come up with the name, he's a really big City fan.

"I'm very proud and happy. My friends and teachers don't know yet. They will be shocked. I don't know what they'll say because I'm not a City fan, I support Man U."

Mum Amanda said: "It's great, an honour. He'll be able to come back when he's grown up and show his children and grandchildren the street he named.

"Raymond's second home was Maine Road.

"When his wife went into labour with his daughter about 20 years ago they had to put a message on the big screen telling him to go home."

The other street names chosen are Carnival Place, Sunshine Place, Bilsborrow Road and St Edward's Road.

The last two mark the closure of two local Catholic schools - St Edward's and Bishop Bilsborrow - which are being replaced by a new primary school.

The names were suggested by local school pupils and residents and were judged by a panel of councillors and the developers, Lowry Homes.

The new evelopment will include 434 homes, including 197 family houses and 237 apartments.

Alistair Cox, chairman of the Maine Road Steering Group, said: "We had a great response to our call for street name suggestions.

"It seems to have caught people's imagination, from primary school children to older people.

"Their ideas show the affection in which this site is held, people's pride in the area and recognition of the development's importance to Moss Side and Rusholme's future."

Maine Road was City's home for 80 years before the club moved to the City of Manchester Stadium at the end of the 2002-03 season.

It was built on the site of a former brickworks and at the time of construction was labelled the Wembley of the North because of its size.

City played their last game there on May 11, 2003.

The Maine Place
Maine Road, Manchester

'The Maine Place' development, on the site of the former Maine Road football stadium will comprise 400 new homes. These will include 3 and 4 bedroomed townhouses, semi and detached properties, plus one and 2 bedroomed apartments, each built to advanced designs and specifications, incorporating the highest environmental standards.

In addition, 30,000 sq ft of space is earmarked for the construction of supplementary social, educational, retail and commercial facilities.

http://www.lowryhomes.com/development.asp?did=33
The best bit is that the houses are being classified as

The Maine Place

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Bell Three bedroomed home with terrace

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Hinchcliffe Three bedroomed home with terrace and garage

The Lee Four bedroomed home with terrace and garage

The Mercer Four bedroomed home with terrace and garage

The Summerbee Three bedroomed home

The Trautmann Four bedroomed three storey home

Manchester_City_Blue said:
The best bit is that the houses are being classified as

The Maine Place

The Bell Three bedroomed home with terrace

The Hinchcliffe Three bedroomed home with terrace and garage

The Lee Four bedroomed home with terrace and garage

The Mercer Four bedroomed home with terrace and garage

The Summerbee Three bedroomed home

The Trautmann Four bedroomed three storey home

Yes I noticed that. Although I liked Hinchcliffe as a player I wouldn't put him up there with the other lot as a City legend.

blue dallas said:
withingtonmcfc said:

Always 1 out there, LMAO!

Manchester_City_Blue said:
The Maine Place
Maine Road, Manchester

'The Maine Place' development, on the site of the former Maine Road football stadium will comprise 400 new homes. These will include 3 and 4 bedroomed townhouses, semi and detached properties, plus one and 2 bedroomed apartments, each built to advanced designs and specifications, incorporating the highest environmental standards.

In addition, 30,000 sq ft of space is earmarked for the construction of supplementary social, educational, retail and commercial facilities.

Part of me would want to live on that site, but part of me thinks i should hate the development of the site. On the one hand i know we gave it up to get a bigger stadium which was needed and i maybe think it would be top to live where Maine Road was, but the other part of me shudders at the thought of historic football grounds being demolished for development. Its a bizarrely bothersome inner conflict for a purely hypothetical thought.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.