Blue Tuesday: Lakey's Question. Half-time team talks...

blueripple

Hi Everyone

This week's question for you all is as follows:

Which celebrity would you choose to give our players a half-time pep talk?

Eddie Large once gave me and the lads a very surreal half-time team-talk during a crucial match in the late 1980s and, as we need to currently fire up the troops, I wonder who you'd opt for...

Thanks, as always for your responses...we'll read some of them out on Tuesday night between 6pm and 7pm (BBC Radio Manchester 95.1, and afterwards on BBC iPlayer).

OAB, AAB

Lakey

What? Was it a tactical talk Paul? Who was manager at the time? I remember him sitting in the dug out during our glorious past but can't recall who was manager. What did he say then and what was the manager doing at this time?

I am a bit concerned about Mancini at HT. He seems to be out at least 5 minutes before the players. Why is he not talking to them? Eleven players and he does not even give them a mnute each? I take a basketball team (Year 5/6) and every minute you can talk can shape the second half and put right what wasn't working in the first half.

Anyway to answer your question Jose Mourinho. Is he a celebrity?

The actor Michael Sheen, dressed up as Cloughie as he was in the movie The Damned United.

Russell Crowe, with some sort of motivational Master and Commander speech.

We'll either win by four, or start a war against the French. Either way, it's a good result.

The Al Pacino character from the Movie " Any given Sunday". If you cant get Pacino I would like a go.

Any hitman!

Failing that how about someone like Ranulph Fiennes the explorer? All that kind of nothing is impossible type thing? He cut off his own fingers when he got frost bite... might make the players think twice about a little niggle!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.