Bluehammer85 - West Ham Question

BigJoe#1

Hope mods don't mind but I've put this question into open forum as I think others may know the answer or may be interested in the answer.

After the last game at The Boelyn Ground why was Sir Geoff Hurst totally blanked?

No mention of him whatsoever. I thought he was up there with Bobby Moore and held in the highest esteem by every West Ham fan. What was the problem there? Does anyone have any idea? I am totally intrigued by it.

Wouldn't see it as a slight to Sir Geoff specifically. All stories including the actual result had to become secondary to the full-on smokescreen about the coach in order to minimise negative PR fallout on the rags throwing away CL.

Try to view it as necessary collateral damage for the greater good.

Wouldn't see it as a slight to Sir Geoff specifically. All stories including the actual result had to become secondary to the full-on smokescreen about the coach in order to minimise negative PR fallout on the rags throwing away CL.

Try to view it as necessary collateral damage for the greater good.
Accepted except this was a fully rehearsed display... Not a mention. Big Tributes to Bobby Moore, Sir Trevor Brooking even Paulo DiCanio for heavens sake. Even Ian Bishop, Paul Walsh and Anton Ferdinand got mentions yet nothing for Sir Geoff... very strange!

Apparently stuck in traffic so didn't bother turning up.

Yep, very strange he didn't get a mention. Think it was just a general cock up rather than anything else - with bianca Westwood and Ben Shepard running the show, think organisers just didn't include when they found out he wasn't turning up.

To be fair. With a delayed kick off aswell they had to rush through a lot

He was featured on the big screens though. So nothing personal I think.

Apparently stuck in traffic so didn't bother turning up.

Yep, very strange he didn't get a mention. Think it was just a general cock up rather than anything else - with bianca Westwood and Ben Shepard running the show, think organisers just didn't include when they found out he wasn't turning up.

To be fair. With a delayed kick off aswell they had to rush through a lot

He was featured on the big screens though. So nothing personal I think.
Thanks... I don't remember them mentioning him or putting his picture up.... But to forget him? No pitch interview? Would have thought they'd have planned that what with all the black cabs coming in. Would have thought it would have been built around him and Martin Peters TBH.

Appreciate the reply mate!

Thanks... I don't remember them mentioning him or putting his picture up.... But to forget him? No pitch interview? Would have thought they'd have planned that what with all the black cabs coming in. Would have thought it would have been built around him and Martin Peters TBH.

Appreciate the reply mate!

Yes agree.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.