Bluemoon Angling Thread

Finally got a little time on the river today, got skunked

73-E239-D9-2-C62-4-EEF-B8-BD-5-F3895325-DDE.jpg

A couple more blanks with the lures. On Saturday I decided, given the cold weather, to try for the elusive big perch with bait. The livebait plan went tits up when I couldn't even catch one as the wind and canal water belted through and narrow boats churned up the bottom every five minutes. I gave up after an hour and tried an other, quieter, lock section with a float fished lobworm. One sailaway bite in this swim resulted in a chub of around 2lb. Blanked again yesterday afternoon with lures.

Queue for Wyreside Fisheries this morning.

Attachments

• F5B09B13-8449-429F-9811-4664C8D4ACA3.jpeg
    F5B09B13-8449-429F-9811-4664C8D4ACA3.jpeg
    26.1 KB · Views: 10
i go fishing to get away from that shite :(

It's why I do so much Winter fishing.

It's also why I cherish going to Ireland notwithstanding that the bream have gone. Just jump in the boat and hide away somewhere.

Likewise in Portugal we seek out the wildest, most remote places where no-one ever goes just for the peace.

Same with the Wye. Most stretches you are allowed limited rods so my mates and I book the whole stretch.

It used to be great when Waterlog had a stretch of the Severn. There was no-one there so you could leave your tackle on a hot day and have a snooze under a tree.

I've got my eye on a stretch of the Avon where the owner has horses and hates anglers. A couple of years ago, before I retired it was for sale but I couldn't afford it. If there's a sniff of getting it niw, hoever, I'll be in there. I'll let you all know and you can come and have a fish in peace.

Bet Idaho doesn't have this issue.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.