Bluemoon Angling Thread

Not being funny but other than 'once a year with the kids' fishermen or the over 80's .....I've never known anyone not make their own groundball?

Ha ha ! I'd love to have a servant to do it for me and to carry my tackle to the swim !

I meant that I buy the ingredients in bulk and mix them to my own spec with those extra, bespoke, magical touches that make us all such successful anglers

Ha ha ! I'd love to have a servant to do it for me and to carry my tackle to the swim !

I meant that I buy the ingredients in bulk and mix them to my own spec with those extra, bespoke, magical touches that make us all such successful anglers
Same. I bulk buy crumb or liquidise a loaf of Warburtons. Cook hemp in thermos overnight and tip the water from that into the groundbait bowl along with the water from a can of corn if I'm using it. Handful of bran helps loosen it a bit. Chuck in whatever else I fancy - maggot, caster, corn pellets, hemp.
It's only really the summer months for where I fish though, rest of the time just loose feed particles/hookbait

;).....that's what I meant too! ...Bags of premix groundbait are a rip off and nowhere near as good!

Same. I bulk buy crumb or liquidise a loaf of Warburtons. Cook hemp in thermos overnight and tip the water from that into the groundbait bowl along with the water from a can of corn if I'm using it. Handful of bran helps loosen it a bit. Chuck in whatever else I fancy - maggot, caster, corn pellets, hemp.
It's only really the summer months for where I fish though, rest of the time just loose feed particles/hookbait

I would always use rain/lake water for boiling and making....never out the tap ;)

I am so jelous. Who you going out with?

I'll tell you when I get back. My fishing mate met one of the lads when he was out in Alphonse (?) fishing for Giant Trevally and they've kept in touch ever since. One of them, Graham, only a young lad but a great fisherman, came to the Wye with us last year for his first barbel experience.

I'll tell you when I get back. My fishing mate met one of the lads when he was out in Alphonse (?) fishing for Giant Trevally and they've kept in touch ever since. One of them, Graham, only a young lad but a great fisherman, came to the Wye with us last year for his first barbel experience.
I hope you get the weather. Don’t be afraid to go deep. At this time of year they may be 8-9 feet down. A bung will be your friend. I’m sure you will have a brilliant day. :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.