Bluemoon Angling Thread

Well done if you had good sport. Nothing like a good wave on Rutland to blow away the cobwebs! Last time I was down I was using a brand new boat seat and it was rough as fuck. I made the beginners mistake of sitting on the boat seat whilst crossing the south arm in a real squall. The seats been buggered since with popped rivets and the aluminium bent to buggery. My own fault.

I think that looks like the South arm in your picture but difficult to tell. Do you know where he took you?

If you were using a FAB then it is likely you were fishing washing line and the fish not too deep unless you were fishing a heavy sinking line. Glad you enjoyed it. Certainly my favourite of the big reservoirs although Eyebrook, Grafham and Pitsford are all brilliant too.

My mate is down on Rutland this weekend for three days fishing lucky bugger.

My seat came loose and fell off the bench on our way back in much to the mirth of everyone else. My mate had been filming from the other boat just seconds before and is still berating himself for not capturing it.

I just count myself lucky that I fell backwards and didn't catch my head on the bench behind. Back is still sore.

I'm trying hard to do my first youtube video with the theme of me searching for an elusive 3lb perch in the local canals . I've been searching for clues and basically narrowed my search down to one short canal where I keep hearing of big fish including a four pounder. One of the strange things that's happened has been that I've found several dead massive perch, which I took as good signs.

All fucking winter I've walked and fished this canal. Lures, worms and livebaits. I've not even had a pluck. I was tearing my hair out, accumulating hours of footage, and decided just to "double down" on this canal, keep at it, in for a penny in for a pound, and sooner or later I'd win the war of attrition with these mythical monsters.

On Friday evening I got chatting to a barge owner who lives there. He told me that two months ago a gang of Eastern Europeans turned up in the middle of the night, opened the lock gate, drained the whole canal down and netted it of everything.

I've wasted an entire fucking winter, talking to a camera, on an empty canal.

That's a sickener in most senses. I'm thinking the Severn is probably the best bet for a 3lb er but probably too far for you to put in the hours needed.

Have you got a new plan ?

I'm trying hard to do my first youtube video with the theme of me searching for an elusive 3lb perch in the local canals . I've been searching for clues and basically narrowed my search down to one short canal where I keep hearing of big fish including a four pounder. One of the strange things that's happened has been that I've found several dead massive perch, which I took as good signs.

All fucking winter I've walked and fished this canal. Lures, worms and livebaits. I've not even had a pluck. I was tearing my hair out, accumulating hours of footage, and decided just to "double down" on this canal, keep at it, in for a penny in for a pound, and sooner or later I'd win the war of attrition with these mythical monsters.

On Friday evening I got chatting to a barge owner who lives there. He told me that two months ago a gang of Eastern Europeans turned up in the middle of the night, opened the lock gate, drained the whole canal down and netted it of everything.

I've wasted an entire fucking winter, talking to a camera, on an empty canal.

I know I shouldn't laugh....but fuck me that's brilliant!
Eastern Europeans all know the rules now, no excuses.....little lake down here in a less than desirable spot has seen a couple of them 'submerged' by the locals till gasping for air.....allegedly;)

That's a sickener in most senses. I'm thinking the Severn is probably the best bet for a 3lb er but probably too far for you to put in the hours needed.

Best place would be Sway lakes down here, most likely do your Roach pb aswell.......he'll of a drive for you though!...and it's syndicate.

My seat came loose and fell off the bench on our way back in much to the mirth of everyone else. My mate had been filming from the other boat just seconds before and is still berating himself for not capturing it.

I just count myself lucky that I fell backwards and didn't catch my head on the bench behind. Back is still sore.
Ouch, nasty. No tip for your guide after that ;-)

The theme of the film is fishing locally during lockdown so I can't really just swan off and catch a bigger fish elsewhere. I interviewed the tackle shop owner on camera and he told me of a different canal length where a match was won with 9 perch all over 2lb so I'm focussing on that area now. I have been fishing it n and off anyway over winter and had a couple of 1lb fish and a chub, so I have got something to go on. There's also a "no fishing" reservoir in the hills near me which I might poach on video.

The theme of the film is fishing locally during lockdown so I can't really just swan off and catch a bigger fish elsewhere. I interviewed the tackle shop owner on camera and he told me of a different canal length where a match was won with 9 perch all over 2lb so I'm focussing on that area now. I have been fishing it n and off anyway over winter and had a couple of 1lb fish and a chub, so I have got something to go on. There's also a "no fishing" reservoir in the hills near me which I might poach on video.

Good man. Keep us informed how you go.

3lb is a mighty perch. I have seen them to two and a half on the loch i fish regularly so it’s not out with the bounds of possibility there is something even bigger lurking amongst the lily pads. Good luck with your hunt.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.