Bluemoon Angling Thread

Incidentally, the guide on Rutland yesterday showed me pictures of a 12.5lbs bream he caught on a lure. Says big coarse fish turn up regularly.

What I wouldn't give to fish it with feeder tactics. Not sure how you'd avoid all the uneducated rainbows though.

Fished the Welsh Dee last weekend. Only a few brownies and a couple of parr, but what a difference in water quality to the filthy Wye. Anyone 'free swimming' in there needs their fuckin heads tested imo.

3lb is a mighty perch. I have seen them to two and a half on the loch i fish regularly so it’s not out with the bounds of possibility there is something even bigger lurking amongst the lily pads. Good luck with your hunt.
My PB is 2-13 so I really want to up that with a local fish (ie very rare) this year.

If I lived in the south east I could probably smash that in a couple of days.

3lb is a mighty perch. I have seen them to two and a half on the loch i fish regularly so it’s not out with the bounds of possibility there is something even bigger lurking amongst the lily pads. Good luck with your hunt.
I often wonder if for big Perch if you need to find somewhere with a huge or tiny perch population to support the monsters?

My PB is 2-13 so I really want to up that with a local fish (ie very rare) this year.

If I lived in the south east I could probably smash that in a couple of days.

Not sure its the kind of water you want to target but I had a 2lb 11oz Perch from Whitmore Fisheries and there was loads bigger caught in that venue.

Not sure its the kind of water you want to target but I had a 2lb 11oz Perch from Whitmore Fisheries and there was loads bigger caught in that venue.
Nice fish. I do know lots of waters with big fish in, particularly commercials, but as you hinted at, I want to catch a "secret" one from the local canal system which is not recognised as a big perch water.

i caught a 2 1/2 perch on a white boilie on a commercial , i recon they grow even bigger than that with their captive food supply

I often wonder if for big Perch if you need to find somewhere with a huge or tiny perch population to support the monsters?
I really don’t know. There aren’t many perch where I fish. but when you get one it’s usually of descent size. There are no other course fish, just perch, trout and loads of minnows and sticklebacks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.