Bluemoon Angling Thread

Bloody hell. Just arrived back from a trip to Manchester to see my mum and found myself locked out.

Never mind, head to the tackle shop and get a couple of pints of maggots in a bag. And you know what comes next. Potter around for a bit then notice a maggot on the passenger seat along with some sawdust.

All over the car and we all know what that means in the next few days and weeks...
What an opportunity - keep an old Tupperware container in the boot with a raw chicken breast in it, riddle and replace every 3 weeks and you have your own mobile maggot farm all summer. You'll probably get a pint of casters from under the boot lining every couple of weeks too :-)

Bloody hell. Just arrived back from a trip to Manchester to see my mum and found myself locked out.

Never mind, head to the tackle shop and get a couple of pints of maggots in a bag. And you know what comes next. Potter around for a bit then notice a maggot on the passenger seat along with some sawdust.

All over the car and we all know what that means in the next few days and weeks...
Sure that has happened to most of us , not good .. Not easy to leave the windows open either ..

Got out on the Teton today, got a nice Rainbow and a cutthroat, water’s is really murky and hasn’t started coming up yet, next couple of weeks should see the snow really start to melt up high. Plenty of wildlife including several moose

D352-F866-EE90-42-EC-A6-A9-B70-C4-F73-FDCD.jpg

Been out for the last three days. Blanked at Cound, for those who know it, on Sunday not even a chewed maggot but my mate had a 2lbs 3 oz roach.

So, in the mood for hard waters, I've been tackling a water down here that I blanked on a couple of weeks ago and doing rather well for riach, perch, skimmers etc. The good thing is that it has been fishing so badly, word has got around and I've been the only non-carper there. One if the carp lads had an 8lbs tench just as I rolled up this morning so things are livening up.

Saw 2 siskins in a bush but the storm clouds started circling so I packed in early. Back tomorrow to try for tench.

20210519_133035.jpg

Coldingham loch Monday past was a challenge. Conditions were good and the water still like gin. Fish were finicky as hell though. I sat in swinggate bay the boat anchored in 8 feet of water and I could see every pebble on the bottom. A pod of fish were just in front completely cool with the boat being 6 feet away. Would they take anything I threw at them though?
Anyhow I finally found a fly that worked. A pale yellow and peach fab fished totally static did the trick and I finished with seven. I chapped a couple on the head and will experiment with smoking them. I am not a huge trout to eat fan so the challenge is preparing them in a way that I enjoy eating. Any tips on curing and smoking welcome.
Lake of Menteith this Saturday.

Been out for the last three days. Blanked at Cound, for those who know it, on Sunday not even a chewed maggot but my mate had a 2lbs 3 oz roach.

So, in the mood for hard waters, I've been tackling a water down here that I blanked on a couple of weeks ago and doing rather well for riach, perch, skimmers etc. The good thing is that it has been fishing so badly, word has got around and I've been the only non-carper there. One if the carp lads had an 8lbs tench just as I rolled up this morning so things are livening up.

Saw 2 siskins in a bush but the storm clouds started circling so I packed in early. Back tomorrow to try for tench.

View attachment 17299
Good luck,,, I’d be very happy with a roach over 2 lbs ,, and a good tench.. The carp boys can keep their carp ..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.