Bluemoon Angling Thread

Good luck,,, I’d be very happy with a roach over 2 lbs ,, and a good tench.. The carp boys can keep their carp ..
Roach over one pound would be fine for me. I do think it's a,shame when the carp fraternitys dedication leads them to regard specimen bream and tench as a nuisance. The club I'm in is actually deliberately trying to develop one of its waters (pretty large gravel pit) as a carp only lake with only about 15-20 fish all over 30lb. Reasoning appears to be that even if you wait two months for a bite on there (as many do) you know it's a good fish. I admire the skill, work and patience, but not for me.

W-LA-LOTO.png20200531_175904.jpg

20210524_070041_HDR.jpg

Those familiar with Ozark, the tv prog will be aware of the lake. The writer of the show spent his childhood holidays around the lake. Fortunately for me the closest point, Bagnall Dam, is just an hour away. It's a party place for the young uns and in certain areas, gets rammed on the weekends.

There's countless arms and coves to fish but we always go to the quietest area, the northern tip on the map, Gravois Mills. Just had 4 days over the weekend, perfect weather and fish biting for fun.

Decided on fishing sunday morning take my mind off Saturday, went to the canal and caught myself a pike, wasn't out long Saturday knocked me a bit, well chuffed with the pike on my new mat :) all was well with the world until my phone rang, my ringtone is one step beyond :(

2ft pike sounds better than 63cm:)

Attachments

• 20210530_091745.jpg
    20210530_091745.jpg
    896.3 KB · Views: 13
View attachment 17858View attachment 17860

View attachment 17857

Those familiar with Ozark, the tv prog will be aware of the lake. The writer of the show spent his childhood holidays around the lake. Fortunately for me the closest point, Bagnall Dam, is just an hour away. It's a party place for the young uns and in certain areas, gets rammed on the weekends.

There's countless arms and coves to fish but we always go to the quietest area, the northern tip on the map, Gravois Mills. Just had 4 days over the weekend, perfect weather and fish biting for fun.
What fish did you catch

What fish did you catch
Several small mouth bass and white bass.
Mostly crappie. They're schooling fish so if you get into a bunch of them it can be almost every cast. We didn't take any pics over the weekend but this is a pic of one I caught previously at that same cove but from the dock.
20200601_195802.jpg

Don't catch many black crappie, I think they're a pretty fish

IMG_20160501_203641.jpg

B98358-ED-5-FB0-49-D4-B160-EABB5-D02-FB74.jpg

Been fishing a lot over the last couple of weeks but nothing unusual to report. The hot weather means the carp are spawning and seen some big fish in the margins. I'll give it a couple of days and maybe have a go at them when they've finished and fancy a post-coital snack.

Had a couple of decent tench today but getting a bit hot now so may bag it early. The good news is that the girlfriend is (finally) disappearing with her caravan for a few days and we all know what that means. Traffic chaos in the Weymouth area and a fishing frenzy for Noggsy including a return to Rutland on Sunday.

Still pissed off about Saturday but a few more of these and I'll forget all about it.

20210601_110242.jpg

Been fishing a lot over the last couple of weeks but nothing unusual to report. The hot weather means the carp are spawning and seen some big fish in the margins. I'll give it a couple of days and maybe have a go at them when they've finished and fancy a post-coital snack.

Had a couple of decent tench today but getting a bit hot now so may bag it early. The good news is that the girlfriend is (finally) disappearing with her caravan for a few days and we all know what that means. Traffic chaos in the Weymouth area and a fishing frenzy for Noggsy including a return to Rutland on Sunday.

Still pissed off about Saturday but a few more of these and I'll forget all about it.

View attachment 18337
Lovely tench, looks almost golden - is that just the light?. Carp are really feeding now summer is finally here. Had a nice one on the pole on Sunday and got trashed by a couple of monsters yesterday. Single corn over corn/ pellet in the margins still seems to fool some of the really good fish that are getting wise to other methods.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.