Bluemoon Angling Thread

The guides at Rutland are out on the water so much that they sometimes amuse themselves catching coarse fish on fly. Check out this pike caught last week. The lad who caught it is coming to the Wye with us this week to catch a barbel on fly.

View attachment 19161
Here is its mummy, recently caught at Lake of Menteith

197522139_217809736850343_5672881650486435429_n.jpg

Good luck to all of you venturing out tomorrow on the glorious 16th!!

I (my mate and I) have pre-baited for the last 4 nights (and again tonight) a joint swim on the Nene.

For the last 2 years, we have both had 150lb plus catches of real quality bream (largest 9lb) each (shared photo's of such with some of you via DM).

Tight lines all, and really looking forward to my 02.00 alarm!

Home by 08.00, not a touch between us. Still, no ripple and very bright by 07.00. Far from ideal for bream. Given the weather over the last couple of months, I think they are still downstream/spawning possibly. Try again every 4 days or so until the weed makes it unfishable. Anyone been out today? Any good?

Home by 08.00, not a touch between us. Still, no ripple and very bright by 07.00. Far from ideal for bream. Given the weather over the last couple of months, I think they are still downstream/spawning possibly. Try again every 4 days or so until the weed makes it unfishable. Anyone been out today? Any good?

Just arrived near Ross but not fished yet. A couple of lads have been out fly-fishing for barbel without success but have caught a Shad which is on my list this holiday

Just fished the little Ouse Norfolk for about an hour , loads of fish topping,, started to rain so I came in .. Talk about a fair weather fisherman lol... Had a nice Rudd , maybe a lb at a push :)

Just arrived near Ross but not fished yet. A couple of lads have been out fly-fishing for barbel without success but have caught a Shad which is on my list this holiday
Beautiful place Ross, I used to work there for a while many years ago. Enjoy.

Good look with the Shad quest, very rare species.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.