Bluemoon Angling Thread

Why ? On Rossmere the other week poor old Pat did the same, well in, asked him he could push it through, did exactly that, I popped for some side-cutters, hey presto, barb off, back through the old thumb, on with the fishing, no time to waste. Muscles in his spit.
Can't be too careful mate.
There was a guy on my syndicate a few years back who did exactly what you described.
Got weils disease and was seriously ill for weeks.

An update on my 3 night Trent session.

So far I'm on 18 barbel and 4 bream. No chub which is a bit strange considering this river is full of them.

No barbel on my third night(now) and I only had 2 yesterday and a couple of bream. Level is dropping slightly which in theory means the fish should still be on the feed. However, I'm getting a ball of duckweed choking my rig and for whatever reason I'm reeling in with my rig tangled up. I can't fathom out why as my rig is a simple running rig that has had me catch many fish over the years.

I've caught up on my sleep a bit now but it's not easy getting broken sleep, especially at this time of year when it's getting colder. I think 3 nights is my limit nowadays, even though i have the right clothing and tackle to fish a challenging powerful river that the Trent is.

Got talking to 3 Middleton lads next to me and Lee is very similar to me in his fishing pursuit of big Trent barbel, so we'll be getting together in the future down here to talk fishing and City as he's a blue and a top fella.

His two fishing mate's are rags, descent guys though. We had a barbi and a few beers, well Dave had more than a few beers and half a bottle of JD and went to his bivvy bed fuckin' shit faced! Not good and not clever to be pissed up next to a big deep river at night!

Lee caught the last barbel between us, an absolutely cracking scale perfect specimen of 11lb 6oz, nice one pal.

I've got fresh bait on and im going to check my rigs and stay awake 2 hours till dawn as it's a good time between now and then for the fish feeding. I'd be happy with one more barbel tbh.

It's been a really good trip and a memorable one. This river suits my style of fishing perfectly, plus I've met some top guys abd a new friend in Lee. Fishing is a great way of unwinding and seeing nature first hand. Iove it: )

Last edited:
An update on my 3 night Trent session.

So far I'm on 18 barbel and 4 bream. No chub which is a bit strange considering this river is full of them.

No barbel on my third night(now) and I only had 2 yesterday and a couple of bream. Level is dropping slightly which in theory means the fish should still be on the feed. However, I'm getting a ball of duckweed choking my rig and for whatever reason I'm reeling in with my rig tangled up. I can't fathom out why as my rig is a simple running rig that has had me catch many fish over the years.

I've caught up on my sleep a bit now but it's not easy getting broken sleep, especially at this time of year when it's getting colder. I think 3 nights is my limit nowadays, even though i have the right clothing and tackle to fish a challenging powerful river that the Trent is.

Got talking to 3 Middleton lads next to me and Lee is very similar to me in his fishing pursuit of big Trent barbel, so we'll be getting together in the future down here to talk fishing and City as he's a blue and a top fella.

His two fishing mate's are rags, descent guys though. We had a barbi and a few beers, well Dave had more than a few beers and half a bottle of JD and went to his bivvy bed fuckin' shit faced! Not good and not clever to be pissed up next to a big deep river at night!

Lee caught the last barbel between us, an absolutely cracking scale perfect specimen of 11lb 6oz, nice one pal.

I've got fresh bait on and im going to check my rigs and stay awake 2 hours till dawn as it's a good time between now and then for the fish feeding. I'd be happy with one more barbel tbh.

It's been a really good trip and a memorable one. This river suits my style of fishing perfectly, plus I've met some top guys abd a new friend in Lee. Fishing is a great way of unwinding and seeing nature first hand. Iove it: )
Do you use these? If not, that’s the best way to stop a running rig tangling. Have it on the hook length over the last swivel to kick it away from the lead.

Do you use these? If not, that’s the best way to stop a running rig tangling. Have it on the hook length over the last swivel to kick it away from the lead.
Yes. They're ok but I'm sticking to what i normally use in future.

Evening view of Mertola on the Guadiana from my balcony love fishing with a castle as a backdrop.

View attachment 27745
Looks absolutely amazing, tight lines. Fook me you got there quick. Not sure why but I thought it would have taken you a full day travelling. Enjoy and keep us posted. I am going to have a few hours mid afternoon on the Nene tomorrow. Not expecting much as no prebaiting and not sure it has any colour, and may be full of weed. Just looking forward to getting out for a few hours.

Looks absolutely amazing, tight lines. Fook me you got there quick. Not sure why but I thought it would have taken you a full day travelling. Enjoy and keep us posted. I am going to have a few hours mid afternoon on the Nene tomorrow. Not expecting much as no prebaiting and not sure it has any colour, and may be full of weed. Just looking forward to getting out for a few hours.

We move in short journeys, the fishing equivalent of Pep's short-passing game only without the success. We're only an hour and a half above the Algarve here. A couple of days and we'll move an hour or so further North.

Good luck on the Nene. Hope you land on them.

The catching wasn’t great this weekend, the fishing was still great

B054-E828-0-B26-4357-BF25-8825120-D8-B36.jpg
you need to be careful, there's injuns in them thar hills

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.