Bluemoon Angling Thread

I agree mate. Maybe you should try fishing rivers because you'll feel like you've earned your fish, unlike all the commercial waters stuffed with ravenous fish waiting to take any Noddy's bait.
i've not been on a commercial for months, you'll usually find me on the macc canal,(poynton,adlington ,i need to broaden my canal repertoire ) i'm still a bit out of my comfort zone on canals even though i really enjoy them and am getting there , i do enjoy lymm dam, though i haven't been there for a few months or caught a fish since i started my predator career :)

i've not been on a commercial for months, you'll usually find me on the macc canal,(poynton,adlington ,i need to broaden my canal repertoire ) i'm still a bit out of my comfort zone on canals even though i really enjoy them and am getting there , i do enjoy lymm dam, though i haven't been there for a few months or caught a fish since i started my predator career :)
Predator career? :-0

I woke up about 11:20 pm by a few single bleeps thinking it was weed on the line. The river is up and coloured, pretty perfect water conditions apart from a starlit sky with no breeze. Overcast and slight breeze would have been better but hey ho

As I was walking to my top rod to reel in for a re-cast my bottom rod absolutely screemed off. Fortunately for me I was at my rods because I'd cast it downstream only 2m off an overhanging willow tree. Good job I had my 2.25lb tc top on to trustful Fox 13lb Camou line because this beast was heading right towards the roots and hidden snags. It stripped about 5m of line before I tightened my clutch hard! My heart was thumping as it wanted to take line but sometimes you have to show a big fish who's boss sharpish because when a fish finds the sanctuary of a snag it can often be curtains, and the last thing I wanted was to pull for a break with it still on the hook.

I steered it clear and into open water and had to slacken off the clutch because it was bending my rod at the butt and pulling hard! A couple of minutes later I slid my net under a short but plump barbel I guestimated around 10lb. As I took from it's bottom lip and lifted it up It felt heavier so I tared my weigh-sling to zero the scales and it went to bang on 11lb, get in you absolute beauty!

I walked it to the guy in the next peg and he took some nice pics of it's magnificence on his phone. I don't know why but I grabbed my spare phone which doesn't have a good camera. Didn't want to have it out of the water too long so he took pics on his phone and asked for my FB so he can send them to there. I'll upload a pic when I get time because my main phone has no data and my spare hasn't got FB on it.

I slipped it back in the water and as soon as I steadied it to get it's breath back it swam off strongly to the murky depths. My glugged 20mm Sticky The Krill boile was the bait, at least it wasn't another dullard bream that doesn't realise when it's hooked.

I'm about to celebrate with a tin of ale and another corned beef and piccalilli butty. Fuck it, I'm gonna put a double slice of corned beef on and an extra dollop of piccalilli. Well chuffed now, and unlike most on here I'm not sulking over City getting beat : )
Top angling mate. 11lb Barbel is short? fuck me, I would like to see you catch a long one ;-)

I woke up about 11:20 pm by a few single bleeps thinking it was weed on the line. The river is up and coloured, pretty perfect water conditions apart from a starlit sky with no breeze. Overcast and slight breeze would have been better but hey ho

As I was walking to my top rod to reel in for a re-cast my bottom rod absolutely screemed off. Fortunately for me I was at my rods because I'd cast it downstream only 2m off an overhanging willow tree. Good job I had my 2.25lb tc top on to trustful Fox 13lb Camou line because this beast was heading right towards the roots and hidden snags. It stripped about 5m of line before I tightened my clutch hard! My heart was thumping as it wanted to take line but sometimes you have to show a big fish who's boss sharpish because when a fish finds the sanctuary of a snag it can often be curtains, and the last thing I wanted was to pull for a break with it still on the hook.

I steered it clear and into open water and had to slacken off the clutch because it was bending my rod at the butt and pulling hard! A couple of minutes later I slid my net under a short but plump barbel I guestimated around 10lb. As I took from it's bottom lip and lifted it up It felt heavier so I tared my weigh-sling to zero the scales and it went to bang on 11lb, get in you absolute beauty!

I walked it to the guy in the next peg and he took some nice pics of it's magnificence on his phone. I don't know why but I grabbed my spare phone which doesn't have a good camera. Didn't want to have it out of the water too long so he took pics on his phone and asked for my FB so he can send them to there. I'll upload a pic when I get time because my main phone has no data and my spare hasn't got FB on it.

I slipped it back in the water and as soon as I steadied it to get it's breath back it swam off strongly to the murky depths. My glugged 20mm Sticky The Krill boile was the bait, at least it wasn't another dullard bream that doesn't realise when it's hooked.

I'm about to celebrate with a tin of ale and another corned beef and piccalilli butty. Fuck it, I'm gonna put a double slice of corned beef on and an extra dollop of piccalilli. Well chuffed now, and unlike most on here I'm not sulking over City getting beat : )
Just seen your missed call mate. Got friends round to stay so can’t talk as we are about to eat a full English. That’s a cracking barbel. Well earned.

Just seen your missed call mate. Got friends round to stay so can’t talk as we are about to eat a full English. That’s a cracking barbel. Well earned.
No worries mate, was just gonna pick your brain over a couple of things. Thanks.

I'm lay in bed in my bivvy wondering whether to carry on till morning, if I do I need to be gone early. Was meaning to pack up this morning but it's been absolutely pissing down now for 3 hours now and I hate packing wet gear away.
It now has around 2ft of coloured water on and is bombing through like a train. I'm only fishing a rod length out but struggling to hold bottom on 5oz grippers. I may nip to the tackle shop in Farndon and buy some heavier leads. If I do I'll have a carvery because I'm getting hungry.

Decisions decisions, hmm.

Never fished on that canal. You're not far away from Rudyard lake, some good pike and perch in there to be caught mate. Defo worth a try I think.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.