Bluemoon Angling Thread

Just joined Scunthorpe and District angling association. Spoke to the secretary about some information on the Trent but he isn't a barbel angler. I asked him if they have any good Tench waters and he said the river River Ancholme around Brigg is teeming with them to well over 6lb, and they can be caught throughout winter. I was told winter league match weights regularly top 80lb, impressive seeing as it's a small river of natural fish, unlike a commercial stuffed with fish! He also said it's good for specimen Bream Roach Rudd. Also Pike to over 30lb and Perch over 4lb!

Natural waters of unknown potential are my kind of thing. I now have access to miles of tidal rover trent that is not pressurised where it's possible to not see another angler, Bliss! Oh, and i can night fish most of their waters. Most of their waters are a 70 mile plus drive but i reckon it's gonna be well worth it. Looking forward to going back to waggler and tip fishing (ledgering) and breaking PBs of different species, Can't wait: )

Just joined Scunthorpe and District angling association. Spoke to the secretary about some information on the Trent but he isn't a barbel angler. I asked him if they have any good Tench waters and he said the river River Ancholme around Brigg is teeming with them to well over 6lb, and they can be caught throughout winter. I was told winter league match weights regularly top 80lb, impressive seeing as it's a small river of natural fish, unlike a commercial stuffed with fish! He also said it's good for specimen Bream Roach Rudd. Also Pike to over 30lb and Perch over 4lb!

Natural waters of unknown potential are my kind of thing. I now have access to miles of tidal rover trent that is not pressurised where it's possible to not see another angler, Bliss! Oh, and i can night fish most of their waters. Most of their waters are a 70 mile plus drive but i reckon it's gonna be well worth it. Looking forward to going back to waggler and tip fishing (ledgering) and breaking PBs of different species, Can't wait: )
I used to love fishing the Ancholme. It was mainly a bream river in the old days, a bit like the Witham, Nene and Welland. I don't think the Witham and Welland are up to much these days from a fishing point of view but they used to be the place to go for the big matches. I do miss those days!

Have you been to Brigg? - proper Lincy hills have eyes fuckers up there. If the locals catch you you'll end up bummed and in a burning wicker man. Also worth noting that Scunthorpe has the word '****' in it and your recent barbel trips have been near Newark - an anagram of 'wanker' ;-)

Have you been to Brigg? - proper Lincy hills have eyes fuckers up there. If the locals catch you you'll end up bummed and in a burning wicker man. Also worth noting that Scunthorpe has the word '****' in it and your recent barbel trips have been near Newark - an anagram of 'wanker' ;-)
No, not familiar with North Lincolnshire at all pal. I better not fish on Rampton Island Scunny stretch then; )
Looking forward to fishing their waters and I'll hopefully be doing an over night sesh this weekend providing the temperature stays above 4°.

I'm not one for following the crowd to known swims and a big reason i joined the club is to get some peace and quiet, but many good swims will be a matter of humping gear along a lot of bank. Getting too old for all the donkey work and i couldn't possibly carry the amount of gear i take in one trip at once, so i bought one of these.
Easy_Rider_Extreme_1276351_alt1_1200x1200.jpg

No, not familiar with North Lincolnshire at all pal. I better not fish on Rampton Island Scunny stretch then; )
Looking forward to fishing their waters and I'll hopefully be doing an over night sesh this weekend providing the temperature stays above 4°.

I'm not one for following the crowd to known swims and a big reason i joined the club is to get some peace and quiet, but many good swims will be a matter of humping gear along a lot of bank. Getting too old for all the donkey work and i couldn't possibly carry the amount of gear i take in one trip at once, so i bought one of these.
View attachment 30490
What size engine does it have?

View attachment 30490
the arms race shows no sign of abating......
and the low-loader to carry it wont be very eco-friendly :).

I’ve been really busy with work, City, coaching, shopping etc and conditions have been awful. Has a deadbait session with sardine in a rez just before the freeze and blanked. I managed a couple of hours window yesterday afternoon but it was pretty much worse case scenario: the river full of freezing floodwater and the connecting canals all coloured up with it.

I only had one real option which was a short length of a canal in the town centre that doesn't get too coloured. I went with a cheb rig, a crayfish creature bait twitched along the bottom at snails pace, thinking that was my only chance if it went past the mouth of a curious perch lying doggo on the bottom.

It worked, sort of. However the perch was a pike who must have developed a taste for crayfish. I also had another bite which felt like a perch but it fell off.

As soon as the rivers clear I'm going to work on part 2 of my film: I'm going to try to get a 2lb+ grayling from my local urban river. They are rare as hen's teeth but have been caught.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.