Bluemoon Fitness Thread

Just back from another park run. Saw a good few city tops. Really helping me get motivated these. Not sure am getting any faster or fitter but better than nothing I suppose.

Stopped running due to hip injury in car crash a year ago. Put about 2 stone on but I have stopped smoking. Thinking of doing 16:8 intermittent fasting. Don't bother if I don't eat all day but drink real ale 6 nights a week. Any devotees of fasting here?

It works very well provided you can stick with it.

I was doing the 16:8 fast but also walking 5k every morning, along with fasting between 7pm and 11am and was losing 1 lb per day. Apparently it’s better to do two week cycles of this fast...but it’s effective.

Calf went today after 1K, been troubled with it since last weeks Wilmslow half marathon so probably shouldn’t have started today in hindsight. Went Gym instead and banged out 2.5K on the rower in 10.05 then some weights so at least keeping fit till it heals.

Last edited:
I am trying mate!

35.42 again today. Seem to be stuck around that but will just keep getting around.
Seriously,well done.

Throw a few weights around too.The best place i can recommend if you really want results,as the owner doesn't tolerate fools .....is Olympic Gym in Patricroft.

Seriously,well done.

Throw a few weights around too.The best place i can recommend if you really want results,as the owner doesn't tolerate fools .....is Olympic Gym in Patricroft.

The problem I have with weights mate is I am ridiculously bulky in my upper half anyway and want to loose that. I have done press ups every day for about twenty years just as a habit and I am very broad. How do you do weights and loose that look?

The problem I have with weights mate is I am ridiculously bulky in my upper half anyway and want to loose that. I have done press ups every day for about twenty years just as a habit and I am very broad. How do you do weights and loose that look?

At the moment I look like Andy Morrison. In my dreams I want the brad pit fight club look. Will never happen I know but a man can kid himslef.

Not sure why I am talking to myself. Too hot.

At the moment I look like Andy Morrison. In my dreams I want the brad pit fight club look. Will never happen I know but a man can kid himslef.

Not sure why I am talking to myself. Too hot.
You train using supersets/giant sets and you build your diet around high protein,good fats and green veg.

Anyone can achieve that look but few do,as it depends solely on your willpower and dedication.

I remember reading an article about the Brad Pitt fight club shape. Apparently he was 2-3% BF, massively dehydrated, etc etc. Really bad for his body and they had to make sure when he came out the other side that he didn't binge and balloon as his body just would not have coped with it!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.