Bluemoon Fitness Thread

You're a braver man than me.

As for Triathlons? wtf?? nah,not for me.

Been wanting to do one for years so have booked it now so no excuses.

Just need diet sorting, I’m not overweight but do like eating the wrong stuff at times. Crisps have always been a pain but cut down to only 2 packets this week. Need better snacks I guess. Suppose it’s getting the balance right with the training.
Going to start properly from Sunday, on the piss tomorrow and Saturday then giving the beer a miss until end of September.

Been wanting to do one for years so have booked it now so no excuses.

Just need diet sorting, I’m not overweight but do like eating the wrong stuff at times. Crisps have always been a pain but cut down to only 2 packets this week. Need better snacks I guess. Suppose it’s getting the balance right with the training.
Going to start properly from Sunday, on the piss tomorrow and Saturday then giving the beer a miss until end of September.
Almonds,boiled eggs,chicken breast,protein bars are your friend.

Decent breakfast and tea,youre good.

Almonds,boiled eggs,chicken breast,protein bars are your friend.

Decent breakfast and tea,youre good.

I’ve been eating 3 boiled eggs a day, tin of mackerel and some meat, chicken or fish with salad for tea, banana and apple plus packet of nuts/raisins for snacks.
I’ll try the protein bars.
Been eating between 10 and 6 and drinking 3-4 litres of water a day.

Not one of you fuckers answered my triathlon questions!!

Anyway just done 25 miles in 1:45 on the bike, first time on it for a couple of months so pleased with that.

Starving when I got in and ate a sausage roll that was in the fridge, I know, I know @FantasyIreland im a disgrace, won’t do it again I promise.

I'm not encouraging that sort of behaviour you lunatic.

Fair play though, best of luck!

Post up your daily diet,list all foods from waking till bed and i'll see where i believe you could improve.

As for a general rule,keep things simple......KISS.That applies to both diet and training,it doesn't need to be complicated but it does require dedication and determination,otherwise you won't ever attain your goals.

It’s usually something like this:

Gluten free corn flakes/Oatmeal (I use coconut milk, which low in calories and no
higher in sugar than semi-skimmed milk)

Protein shake - whey or soy protein powder, water, dextrose or maize starch, berries and creatine

A banana and/or an apple

Three or four teaspoons of hi-pro peanut butter

An Eat Natural Protein bar (contains about 220 calories and 7 grams of sugar)

Quinoa

A Poundland protein cookie (contains about 200 calories and 2-3 grams of sugar)

Roasted parsnips, sweet potatoes, chickpeas, kale and a chicken fillet

I can’t be arsed to track my calorie intake on MyFitnessPal or a similar app again, though.

It’s usually something like this:

Gluten free corn flakes/Oatmeal (I use coconut milk, which low in calories and no
higher in sugar than semi-skimmed milk)

Protein shake - whey or soy protein powder, water, dextrose or maize starch, berries and creatine

A banana and/or an apple

Three or four teaspoons of hi-pro peanut butter

An Eat Natural Protein bar (contains about 220 calories and 7 grams of sugar)

Quinoa

A Poundland protein cookie (contains about 200 calories and 2-3 grams of sugar)

Roasted parsnips, sweet potatoes, chickpeas, kale and a chicken fillet

I can’t be arsed to track my calorie intake on MyFitnessPal or a similar app again, though.

You need protein with breakfast.Lose the cornflakes and keep to oats or replace with Weetabix/shredded wheat.Add berries and 30g Protein(only) powder.

Mid morning - apple and 8 almonds

Lunch - Tin of mackerel/Chicken breast with greens if possible

Pre workout - banana and protein shake

PWO - Sweet potato and chicken and greens

Before bed - Tbsp peanut butter or boiled egg

You need protein with breakfast.Lose the cornflakes and keep to oats or replace with Weetabix/shredded wheat.Add berries and 30g Protein(only) powder.

When you say Protein powder with the cereal, does that need mixing first or just add straight to the milk?

When you say Protein powder with the cereal, does that need mixing first or just add straight to the milk?

Just drink it separately. FI has bizarre ideas like things like Nutrisport's chalky protein on his porridge is a 'treat'

Just drink it separately. FI has bizarre ideas like things like Nutrisport's chalky protein on his porridge is a 'treat'
Bell whiff.....

60g porridge oats mixed in water,when it reaches the desired consistency add 30g protein powder- lovely

Add egg whites for an extra creamy treat ;-)

The scene in Trading Places where Dan Ackroyd attempts to blow his brains in a Santa suit springs to mind. ;p

I will try to make some of those changes, though.

Thanks!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.