Bluemoon Fitness Thread

I’ve not read the whole thread but in relation to IF are people doing 10-6pm eating and then abstaining from anything other than water to get their results?

I'm doing a Duathlon this evening, test run for the Tri, 11.5 miles bike and a 5k run. Hopefully all goes well and i'll be good to go properly in a few weeks. You park run this week? Can't remember if i saw a time posted by you?

i did 1k in 9 minutes but sadly quit when i needed a tom tit and was puking after a rather strange mix of cider and brandy the night before - much to the amusement of my kids.

No alcohol this week ahead of my efforts at a personal best this weekend.

What he's doing there is just stretching the fascia of the muscle,giving it a deeper ROM (range of motion) and more TUT (time under tension), no doubt it has a positive effect but I couldn't be doing with the piss-potting around ie this shoulder that shoulder etc etc, much better to invest in a set of these for anyone who likes their push-ups , or a set of gymnastic rings.
th

I can sort of understand what you mean, but the specific routine(or the no cost "piss potting about"!) works super well for stabilising the stubborn parts of the chest that doesn't react as well as one hopes, if you have 'moobs'. Of course, muscle fibre is different for everyone, but for the starting point, it's perfect. I can only testify from having stubborn non reactive chest muscles and having much better results than I ever expected 2 months down the line. This one technique solved the issue than the multiple push ups angles I was doing previously(even doing over 100 daily never solved it for me, really).

Moving on to paying the costs for the push up grips is Stage Two for me as then you get to get the deeper motion as required, which I will do next after my hols.

Can't knock it if it's free advice for technique, surely??!

I’ve not read the whole thread but in relation to IF are people doing 10-6pm eating and then abstaining from anything other than water to get their results?

I think your question is relative to the person involved with IF.

I think it comes down to how comfortable you feel with the process, as if you do it right, over a period of time (short or sustained) you could quite easily go to 24 ours on a water fast. If you can work up to the goal for a couple of days then from 18-24 hours, your body starts using its body fat it's a state called 'ketosis' ("How long does it take to get into ketosis? If you remain under your optimal net carbs limit, then you should enter ketosis within 2 to 3 days. But it can take up to 7 days. The fastest way to get into ketosis is to exercise on an empty stomach, in order to accelerate the depletion of glycogen in your body.") This is where I did/ do the Insanity workout.

What you don't want is to go into a state of 'atrophy' ("After prolonged periods of starvation the body has depleted its body fat and begins to burn primarily lean tissue and muscle as a fuel source. ... Specifically, the body burns fat after first exhausting the contents of the digestive tract along with glycogen reserves stored in liver cells").

It varies for everyone, but as long as you control what you're doing, it's fine, in my opinion.

Personally, I think you're missing Intermittent Fasting out of your regime. With that as a commitment, you will hit 15st in 2 months easy, especially if you can work up to the 'warrior' aspect as your body should use some of the stubborn fat as energy and help you shift the 'fat weight'.

Now, more importantly, I discovered this technique 2 months ago and my 'moobs' have all but disappeared! I swear by it and it's superb advice...

ADHERE TO THE FORM AND TECHNIQUE!

I'm up to 20 push ups using this technique and don't think I'll better it! Once you're confident with it, use normal forms of push up variations around it.

I also do chair triceps dips, but have been a bit lazy with biceps curls, admittedly.

That said, 2 months later, my arms and chest look decidedly more cut and defined.

My opinion, only.

I have considered intermittent fasting before but due to shift work I can't see me sticking to it. Do you think it would work if you need to change the times you're 'fasting' every week? Realistically I'd probably be another 15-25ibs down if I hadn't had any alcohol but it's easier said than done.

I have considered intermittent fasting before but due to shift work I can't see me sticking to it. Do you think it would work if you need to change the times you're 'fasting' every week? Realistically I'd probably be another 15-25ibs down if I hadn't had any alcohol but it's easier said than done.

I've had similar issues myself.

So, for me, rather than be rigid, as long as I know ahead of time, where my schedule lies, I can adjust the the hours needed for IF. My variation allows for 'forgiveness' varying from 18 - 24 hours water fasting.

I prefer the longer state of fast, but I won't break myself to stick to it.

Nor will I ever advocate doing it.

At the turn of the year I weighed nearly 19 stone. At 5 feet 9 inches, fair to say I'd gotten a tad out of shape. Decided to cut down on food and by the end of June I was down to 17 st 9 lbs, which although was heading in the right direction wasn't quick enough really.

Weigh day yesterday... under 16 stone for the first time in about 5 years. Still have a few pints each week, never miss a meal but don't ever feel starving hungry and don't feel I'm missing out on anything. All I've done is be strict with eating (for the first time in my life I count calories accurately - even weighing everything to be exact) and fairly strenuous exercise for 45-60 mins 6 days a week.

Went out for a few beers on Sat and my jeans fell down :-)

i did 1k in 9 minutes but sadly quit when i needed a tom tit and was puking after a rather strange mix of cider and brandy the night before - much to the amusement of my kids.

No alcohol this week ahead of my efforts at a personal best this weekend.

Should have thrown up on the kids, wouldn’t be laughing then.

Just done a Duathlon in Wigan, 11 miles on the bike in 36:08 and 5k run in 22:28. Really hilly course so a good work out for the biggy end of September.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.