Bluemoon Fitness Thread

I'm no expert on this obviously, hence asking the question. A friend told me he thinks whey protein is a good supplement, do you agree?

I dont use it as i have no need with all that lovely 'real' food to choose from.I do use a Casein supplement though,which i mix into porridge as it adds the missing protein from the meal,and provides some taste.

I dont use it as i have no need with all that lovely 'real' food to choose from.I do use a Casein supplement though,which i mix into porridge as it adds the missing protein from the meal,and provides some taste.
I know cassein is high protein, it was /is included in the base mix of fishing boilies, carp love it.

Had porridge this morning with chopped dates and honey. I am trying: )

I know cassein is high protein, it was /is included in the base mix of fishing boilies, carp love it.

Had porridge this morning with chopped dates and honey. I am trying: )
Yep,great start to the day,its keeping it going that becomes hard.

Preperation of meals is key to success.If definition is your goal cut back on the simple carbs and introduce more fibrous types along with healthy fats.

Train in a rep range between 12-8 and perform super/giant sets.Dont forget squats and deads,nowt gets your body producing like those two moves.

Started back training again this week after a long lay off with patella tendinitis, scared of squatting at the moment but the Dr told me the only way to get rid of the pain is to cause your tendon more pain from heavy lifting forcing my body to start repairing it.

Been looking into TB500 which is a peptide known for healing, might give it a go in the future. Hopefully with muscle memory it won't take long to get some gains back on 2.8k cals at present.

Last edited:

I whack a scoop of chocolate gold whey into my porridge lovely stuff! Whey has it's place in fitness, if anyone is like me it gets boring having to eat so much meat to get your protein, give me a gallon milkshake and I will smash it down.

Yep,great start to the day,its keeping it going that becomes hard.

Preperation of meals is key to success.If definition is your goal cut back on the simple carbs and introduce more fibrous types along with healthy fats.

Train in a rep range between 12-8 and perform super/giant sets.Dont forget squats and deads,nowt gets your body producing like those two moves.
Thanks for advice, it's all appreciated. Porridge is my breakfast for next 6 month ( mostly) may be an exception but I enjoy it with dates and honey. Probably have chopped walnuts as well.

The thing is with all the new fancy gym machines, it's not as easy as it seems at first. I still haven't had an induction (my fault) but I ask adciad of people and most are happy to help.

I have to be careful in free weights as I got stabbed in 92 puncturing my sciatic nerve, plus In 96 I slipped on some stone steps when fishing jarring my back with a prolapsed disc.

So cardio and machines are probably best at the moment...

My workout at mo is starting- 5 mins on bike, starting on 5 setting resistance, increasing pressure 1 notch every 30 secs. 5 mins on rower on number 10. 5 mins on cross trainer same settings and methods as bike.

Then I go and do triceps biceps shoulders abs legs and back machines. Then I finish off with 10 mins on treadmill. Medium walk 1 nun, fast walk 1 nun. Jog 3Mins(on 8) 1 medium pace walk 1 nun, then 1 nun on 10.5.

I'm vuilbuil it up slowly and am really wnjienjo it so fat, can't see me throeith the towel in anytime soon.

My predictive text is taking the piss! Apologies for typis!

Last edited:
Joined PureGym 8 weeks ago. I find I'm building my cardio and strength up, I want better definition mate. I won't look as good as you, but you already know that; ) Jokung apart, I need to shed a stone and feel as good as I can without becoming obsessive.

I'm eating healthier now. Gym is boring though (sometimes)
Do the classes at Pure Gym they're far more interesting than training by yourself
I do six or eight a week in a double set, so a cycle class followed by one of the following, fat burn, build, cardio or kettle bells

I go to PureGym Stretford. Wayne there said to do 30 mins bootcamp so I did. I'm 54 and first time at it. I lasted 20 mins, then fucked so I walked out. Most there seemed to be 20-30 year old, and most looked like they were used to it. I will go back and piss it when I'm fit enough to, but made me realise I'm far from being as fit as I used to be. That said I'm not too unfit, just nowhere near his bootcamp beatings standard!

I whack a scoop of chocolate gold whey into my porridge lovely stuff! Whey has it's place in fitness, if anyone is like me it gets boring having to eat so much meat to get your protein, give me a gallon milkshake and I will smash it down.
I know some prefer it on waking or PWO but i'd just sooner eat asap.

I go to PureGym Stretford. Wayne there said to do 30 mins bootcamp so I did. I'm 54 and first time at it. I lasted 20 mins, then fucked so I walked out. Most there seemed to be 20-30 year old, and most looked like they were used to it. I will go back and piss it when I'm fit enough to, but made me realise I'm far from being as fit as I used to be. That said I'm not too unfit, just nowhere near his bootcamp beatings standard!
I'm 55 and after 12 months of these kind of classes am relatively fit again, to the fact I burn off some of the nippers and muscle men who aren't used to cardio
It's a buzz when you're ploughing on and someone less than half your age is lagging behind

Get back to that bootcamp class and pace yourself

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.